Transfer Files Between Android and macOS in 2021
As I mentioned earlier than, there are quite a lot of methods you should utilize to share information between these two working techniques. Some of those are very simple and wi-fi, whereas some others are barely much less intuitive to make use of.
Either manner, you’ve got quite a lot of choices for file sharing between your units. We’ll be having a look at the entire greatest file switch instruments for Android and Mac, and you should utilize the one which fits you greatest.
As all the time, you should utilize the desk of contents beneath to leap over to any part of this text.
With an iPhone and a Mac, you’ll be able to merely use AirDrop to share information. However, if you wish to use AirDrop on Android, that is the very best AirDrop different you may get thus far. Snapdrop principally does the identical factor as AirDrop, but it surely’s open for any working system to make use of. Here’s tips on how to use it.
- On your Android machine and in your Mac, go to the Snapdrop website.
- You ought to see your cellphone pop-up in your Mac’s display, and your Mac in your Android cellphone’s display. If you don’t see this, be sure each units are linked to the identical WiFi community and attempt to reload the web site.
- From right here, issues are easy. On your smartphone, faucet on the Mac’s screen-name proven in Snapdrop. You can then choose the information you wish to switch.
- This additionally works the opposite manner round, by the way in which. You can click on in your Android cellphone’s title in your Mac display and select the information you wish to ship to your cellphone.
Personally, Snapdrop is my go-to selection for sharing information between Android units and my Mac. It works fairly quick, it’s fully free, and also you don’t want to put in any apps in your units. Plus, it’s the closest factor to AirDrop I’ve seen thus far.
Sometimes, a minimum of for me, Snapdrop refuses to work correctly. If that’s taking place with you, or if you happen to don’t wish to use Snapdrop for any motive, you should utilize FTP to share information between Android and macOS.
You will want an FTP consumer in your Mac for this. I counsel FileZilla, however if you happen to don’t like that, you should utilize a FileZilla different as nicely.
On your Android cellphone, you will have a file explorer like Solid File Explorer (obtain) which has the potential to create FTP servers.
- Open Solid File Explorer in your Android cellphone, faucet on the hamburger icon and faucet on ‘FTP Server’
- Tap on the three dot menu icon and allow (or disable) nameless entry relying on what you need. This is your name, however I might advocate conserving this characteristic off to verify nobody else can hook up with your smartphone.
- Now faucet on ‘Set user’ and create a person and a password for accessing your cellphone’s information.
- Tap on ‘Start’ to start out the FTP server.
- Launch FileZilla in your Mac. Enter the IP handle within the hostname subject and the username and password you created of their respective fields. Type the port quantity within the Port subject. This is the quantity after the IP handle in Solid File Explorer. In our case, that is 1024.
- Now, click on on Quickconnect.
- You can select the save the password or not.
- You will now see your cellphone’s information within the Remote Site space of Filezilla. Simply choose the information you wish to share, after which drag them into your Mac, or vice versa.
- Once you’re performed, click on on the disconnect server icon and give up FileZilla. Also, ensure you cease the server in your Android cellphone.
What if you happen to don’t wish to use Snapdrop, and also you don’t wish to undergo the difficulty of utilizing FTP? If you’re in search of a simple plug-and-play answer for sharing information between Android and Mac, you must check out OpenMTP.
All you need to do is set up the OpenMTP app (download) in your Mac, open the app, after which join your Android cellphone to your Mac with a USB cable.
The app reveals your Mac’s information on the left pane and the linked Android machine’s storage on the correct. You can merely drag and drop information between your Mac and Android to share them.
OpenMTP is totally free and open supply, which implies you’ll be able to go take a look at the supply code if you happen to’re involved in that. Plus, if you need, you can fork it from GitHub and add new options to it as nicely.
You may also use AirDroid to share information between your units. Plus, the app provides you extra options as nicely, together with the power to manage your Android cellphone out of your Mac, get notifications and extra.
- All you could do is install AirDroid in your smartphone and sign up together with your account.
- Tap on ‘AirDroid Web’, after which on ‘Scan QR Code’.
- On your Mac, open the AirDroid’s web app.
- You will see a QR code on the web site. Scan this together with your smartphone and faucet on ‘Sign in’ when the immediate seems in your cellphone.
That’s it. Your cellphone is now linked together with your Mac. You can share information, management your cellphone, and extra with AirDroid. Also, if each your smartphone and Mac are on the identical WiFi community, your information gained’t be despatched over the web, which is unquestionably a plus.
If you don’t like AirDroid for any motive, you must check out our listing of AirDroid alternate options.
5. Commander One
Lastly, you’ll be able to take a look at Commander One if you happen to’re in search of an possibility that can allow you to use your Android cellphone virtually natively together with your Mac.
Commander One is a Finder different of kinds, with a bunch of superior options. However, the one we’re involved with right here is its assist for mounting Android units. Similar to OpenMTP, all you could do is join your Android cellphone to your Mac with a USB cable and it’ll present up in Commander One.
You can then copy and paste information throughout your units with ease.
Download Commander One (Free, licenses available)
Easily Share Files Between Android and Mac
Well these have been the 5 greatest methods to switch information between MacE book and Android telephones. We have included all kinds of strategies, be it wi-fi switch, wired switch, and even AirDrop like options to your Android cellphone. Hopefully, you’ve got discovered a technique that works greatest for you.
While these options are pretty straightforward, if you happen to nonetheless run into any points whereas utilizing them simply drop a remark beneath and we will certainly attempt that will help you out.