On Tuesday, Bungie unveiled the way forward for Destiny 2, together with the Beyond Light enlargement this fall, and naming the expansions for 2021 and 2022 (The Witch Queen and Lightfall). Bungie additionally spoke about Destiny 2 season 11, Season of Arrivals, which can hold gamers busy between now and Beyond Light on Sept. 22.
For an entire listing of Season of Arrivals patch notes from Bungie, scroll down.
Season of Arrivals
Season of Arrivals is a prologue to the upcoming fall enlargement. The Pyramid ships have arrived above 4 Destiny 2 planets, acquainted areas which can ultimately go away within the fall. Players might want to work collectively to push again The Darkness and earn new gear, preparing for the battle coming this fall.
A number of weeks in the past, Destiny 2 sport director Luke Smith revealed a number of modifications coming to the Eververse in-game retailer.
New seasonal armor will come from the exercise grind, quite than the Eververse retailer. Bungie already introduced that its deliberate Eververse armor set for Season of Arrivals is now obtainable by enjoying the sport, quite than by microtransactions.
Some of the Eververse’s beauty gadgets can even come from gameplay now. Every “aspirational activity” will now provide not less than one beauty merchandise. And cosmetics designed to match the aesthetics of a selected exercise will now come from enjoying that exercise.
The transmogrification system won’t launch this summer season, and gamers might want to wait till someday in Year 4.
Destiny’s hyper-competitive weekend PvP mode, Trials, remains to be rampant with cheaters, and it doesn’t seem like that can change in Season of Arrivals. But gamers may have a better avenue to getting among the Trials loot.
In Season of Arrivals, gamers can decide up a brand new Trials bounty every week. By collaborating in matches, they will decide up the reward normally reserved for 3 wins. This ought to assist common gamers — or these with unhealthy sufficient luck to continuously run into cheaters — nonetheless get among the Trials of Osiris loot.
On Thursday, Bungie introduced an impressive new controller customization system. Starting this season, gamers will be capable to re-map their controllers nevertheless they’d like. This contains the flexibility so as to add actions to a double press or maintain, corresponding to holding the circle button to Hunter Dodge as a substitute of tapping it twice.
While good for all gamers, this new initiative ought to create a extra welcoming and pleasant expertise for Guardians with disabilities.
At the top of its stream, Bungie revealed a brand new dungeon, Prophecy, coming to the sport on June 9 at 8 p.m. ET. This dungeon takes place within the realm of the mysterious Nine, and is free for all Destiny 2 gamers.
Players can decide up reprised armor from Trials of the Nine, in addition to some new, DAITO foundry weapons.
As with all seasons, Season of Arrivals additionally comes with some steadiness updates for Destiny 2. Slug shotguns are seeing a 30% injury improve in PvE, with high-impact pulse rifles getting a PvP buff. Bungie can also be altering the way in which some reload perks work, to even the enjoying subject and barely nerf the participant’s capability to reload weapons tremendous quick.
For an entire listing of steadiness modifications this season, scroll right down to the patch notes.
Destiny 2: Season of Arrivals full patch notes
- Mods now drop with by a white merchandise bauble as a substitute of an erroneously assigned Exotic Engram bauble.
- Duplicate mods will now not drop from the Flawless chest.
- Additional Masterwork materials rewards now drop at three, 5, and 7 Trials wins.
- Added a Trials weekly bounty which unlocks Trials Engrams on Saint-14.
The bounty reward will match the Win 3 Milestone reward of the week.
- Trials Tokens distribution has been re-balanced to give attention to wins three, 5, and 7 of a Trials Passage.
This contains repeat Passages.
- Trials Tokens are now not awarded from match completions.
Tokens at the moment are granted particularly by wins and bounties.
- Passage of Wealth now doubles the bonus Trials Tokens earned at three, 5, and 7 Trials wins.
- Intro quest step “Entry Pending” now requires reaching Power 1010.
Nightfall: The Ordeal
- The Taken take over The Ordeal.
Added new strikes to The Ordeal: Lake of Shadows, The Corrupted, and The Festering Core.
- Updated The Ordeal energy ranges to new Season 11 ranges.
- Grandmaster Difficulty will turn into obtainable on July 21, 2020.
- Increase Masterwork materials drops for Grandmaster Nightfall issue.
Grandmaster completion at Platinum, Gold, and Silver ranges now have increased probabilities of dropping an Exotic armor merchandise.
Grandmaster completion at Platinum degree now ensures one Ascendant Shard (with a small likelihood at one extra), and 4 Enhancement Prisms (with a average likelihood at 1-2 extra).
Grandmaster completion at Gold degree now ensures two Enhancement Prisms (with a average likelihood at two extra).
Grandmaster completion at Silver degree now has a small likelihood at two Enhancement Prisms.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed a difficulty that prevented Coldheart’s “Longest Winter” perk from triggering by a Citan’s Ramparts Assault Barrier.
- Fixed a difficulty that prevented Devil’s Ruin from firing its charged shot after activating a roaming Super.
- Fixed Polaris Lance’s Perfect Fifth perk.
Quickly taking pictures a sixth shot now not cancels the explosion from the fifth shot.
- Crucible, Gambit, Vanguard, Event package deal, and Gunsmith Engram reward weapon drops now pull from the shared world Legendary pool.
Additional info could be discovered within the “This Week at Bungie – 5/21/2020” weblog article.
- Season 8 and Season 9 Season Pass and Exotic quest weapons could be acquired from the Cryptarchs.
Related quests have been eliminated.
- Weapon ornaments have been added to Collections.
Reload Per Changes
Reload stat: 0-100, and maps onto an archetype-specific reload animation velocity.
Reload length scale: most reload perks additionally apply a small multiplier to the reload animation, in order that if the reload stat is capped, you continue to see a small velocity bump (the identical applies to another perks, e.g. those who have an effect on dealing with).
Reload empty length scale: as above, however solely applies if the journal is empty.
Note that as a result of most weapons have pretty excessive reload stats, dropping reload bonus from +100 to +50 will nonetheless cap the reload stat more often than not, leading to an total pretty small change to ultimate velocity (this nonetheless opens some design area nevertheless),
- Reload stat from +100 to +50.
- Reload length scale from 0.8 to 0.9.
- Functionality modified to offer elevated reload velocity primarily based on variety of speedy kills (as much as 5 stacks).
- Max reload length scale from 0.83 to 0.8 (i.e. slightly sooner than at present).
- Max reload stat unchanged at +100.
- Adjusted stack to stat mod curve to offer much less profit for the primary hit and extra with subsequent hits.
- Reload stat from +100 to +60.
- Reload length scale from 0.8 to 0.925.
- Stability stat from +50 to +25.
- Reload length scale from 0.85 to 0.9 (which simply brings it in keeping with Outlaw).
Field Prep — unchanged, however for reference
- Reload stat +50
- Reload length scale 0.8
Allow Mag — unchanged, however for reference
Reload empty length scale 0.6666
Other Perk Changes
Dynamic Sway Reduction
- Adds 10 stability over time along with accuracy.
- Reload quantity from 0.35 to 1.0.
- +50 dealing with
- 5% sooner swap velocity (this might be most noticeable if the above caps dealing with stat).
- This works on stowed weapons too, which was already the case however makes it much more helpful.
- 1.2x goal help falloff.
- +15 goal help.
- +1.7 levels precision hip fireplace angle threshold.
- By default, when hip-firing a weapon the middle of your reticle should be over a goal with a purpose to get a crit, in any other case goal help provides you with a physique shot. This change offers you slightly leniency, so if the middle of your reticle isn’t straight over a goal you’ll nonetheless get the crit when you’re inside this angle.
- Has no impact on Sniper Rifles.
- Now doesn’t ping radar when taking pictures.
General Archetype Changes
- Slug Shotgun PvE Damage + 30%.
- High-Impact Pulse Rifle injury per bullet from 21 to 22 – this modifications it from six crits to 5 crits/one physique to kill a guardian in PvP at most resiliences.
- Bow PvE injury vs minors + 10%
- Fixed a bug through which casting Ward of Dawn from extraordinarily excessive platforms permits gamers to retain the Damage Resistance from the activation.
- Fixed a bug through which gamers can get right into a state the place their Fist of Havoc melee assault might be changed with a sword swing.
- Made it so it’s tougher to deal important injury to your self with Handheld Supernova when used within the air.
- Perks that grant partial weapon ammo now respect shot depend for burst weapons. This implies that these perks will now work accurately on Pulse Rifles, Fusion Rifles, and Burst Sidearms, so these perks might be extra frequent on these weapon archetypes sooner or later.
Lead from Gold
- The Powerful Friends armor mod will now not stack. If a number of copies of this mod are geared up, the mods will present no bonus stats.
Only Solar Seasonal mods are meant to stack. No a part of Arc mods are meant to have stacking performance.
Powerful Friends granted +20 to Mobility, which gamers may leverage to get three stat columns to the max of 100 factors. The mod isn’t priced sufficiently to justify its advantages, and rising its price would have hostile results on its main profit utilization.
Season 11 introduces a brand new Arc mod, granting an analogous stat bonus to Strength and won’t stack.
- Enhanced Auto Rifle Loader, Enhance Fusion Rifle Loader, and Enhanced Bow Loader armor mods now have an opportunity to drop from pinnacle mod sources.
- Addressed a number of mod visibility and supply string points within the Mods Collection display screen.
- Fixed a bug that was inflicting the Felwinter’s Helm perk “Warlords End” to activate inconsistently.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Dunemarcher’s Linear Actuators perk from triggering on yellow bars.
- Fixed a bug that allowed gamers to get exterior the map utilizing the Gladiator’s Bladerush finisher.
Power and Progression
- The energy cap for weapons and armor has risen 50 factors. All sources will now provide upgrades as much as 1000, highly effective sources as much as 1050, and pinnacle sources will go to 1060.
Bounties and Pursuits
- Add three hours to the expiration time of all every day and repeatable bounties throughout the sport.
- Tower repeatable bounties now show (Random Objective) on the seller earlier than buy.
- Werner’s Benevolence bounty will now set off its related Triumph.
The following raid Exotics now have elevated drop probabilities:
- One Thousand Voices
- Always on Time (Exotic Sparrow from secret chest in Scourge of the Past)
NOTE: Drop likelihood begins at 10% and will increase to a max of 50% over 20 clears.
Added the flexibility to make use of an Exotic Cipher to buy a second Fated engram from Xur every week.
Controller Button Remapping
- There is a brand new “Custom” controller structure that, when chosen, permits the participant to remap what actions are sure to which controller buttons.
- Additional particulars could be discovered within the “This Week at Bungie – 6/4/2020” weblog article.
PC & Stadia Settings
- Reorganized Keyboard, Mouse, and Controller settings.
Gear Details Subscreen
- Toggle Stat Display is now moreover supported on unequipped armor.
Previously, this was solely supported for geared up armor.
This lets you toggle between viewing stats related together with your gear, or total construct stats, inside the gear particulars subscreen.
Wrapped Items Container
- A brand new container has been added to the Inventory display screen for Wrapped gadgets/bundles offering a simple space to search out your Eververse purchases.
- Wrapped gadgets will nonetheless show of their related areas (Example: Ghosts in Ghosts container) in addition to this new space.
- Added a number of economy-related load display screen hints.
Platforms and Systems
- Fixed a difficulty the place FPS may lock at 30 FPS when relaunching the sport on Steam.
- The Season 10 Luminous Bright Engram has been retired, and as an alternative gamers can now receive the brand new Season 11 Mnemonic Bright Engram.
- Added a brand new “Flair” part to the Bright Dust tab of the Eververse that comprises solely Shaders and Spawn FX.
- Fixed a bug that brought on the Season Pass post-purchase screens to show within the reverse order.
- A Warmind-themed Exotic Ghost is on the market on the Cryptarch to select up freed from cost for anybody who owned the Season 10 Season Pass.
- Multiple modifications to the Season Pass rewards have been made, together with:
Consolidation of a number of Glimmer rewards.
Removal of Legendary Weapon Ornaments.
Addition of a number of Bright Dust reward factors and improve of current ones.
- Increased drop likelihood of Heroic Menagerie ship from 5% to 20%.
- Fixed a difficulty that brought on older quests to type in entrance of newer quests when gamers logged in.
- Ranking up the Season Pass now not fills your Super meter.
- Fixed a bug that prevented gamers from incomes the Benevolence triumph.
- Fixed a crash that might happen in Gambit whereas performing a finisher.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media might earn commissions for merchandise bought through affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see our ethics coverage.