Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer is right here, and with it, Bungie added a number of recent options to its flagship looter.
Season of the Splicer provides the long-awaited Transmog system (additionally referred to as Armor Synthesis), which lets followers change the seems of their Guardian’s armor with out altering their stats. Also a part of Splicer, followers will delve again into Destiny’s authentic raid, the Vault of Glass, later this month.
This season sees the return of Mithrax, the Kell of Light, a Fallen commander that Destiny followers have helped out a number of occasions since Destiny 2’s launch. Mithrax and his crew will assist Guardians defeat the Vex, because the time-traveling robots have locked the Last City in a cycle of countless evening.
Players will battle by some new actions, wielding new weapons. Here’s a breakdown of essentially the most notable options in Season of the Splicer.
For a full listing of patch notes, scroll down.
New and outdated weapons
Bungie boasts “over 30 new and reprised Legendary weapons” in Season of the Splicer. Some of those weapons will simply be reprises of acquainted Destiny 2 weapons, and a few make a return from the unique Destiny. Notably, gamers will get to make use of among the fan favourite weapons from the Vault of Glass — just like the notorious Fatebringer hand cannon — in addition to outdated Vanguard weapons like Hung Jury.
Bungie may even add new weapons particularly made for Season of the Splicer, which have a form of techno-vibe to their aesthetic. This consists of at the least one new Exotic, the Stasis powered sidearm Cryosthesia 77ok.
Vault of Glass returns
One of the actions coming to Destiny 2 this season is the Vault of Glass, the primary raid within the Destiny franchise. Not solely does it include the acquainted weapons — as talked about above — it ought to look and play just like the VoG gamers bear in mind. Bungie has been express about wanting to maintain the Vault of Glass acquainted and genuine whereas additionally including some upgrades for brand new followers.
New and outdated followers can enterprise again into the center of Venus on May 22.
Transmog is lastly right here
Season of the Splicer will reintroduce gamers to Ada-1, first added to Destiny 2 in Season of the Forge in 2018. Ada-1 will assist gamers Transmog their gear, the method of adjusting a bit of armor’s look with out altering its stats. Players should undergo a fancy strategy of incomes new supplies simply to vary their armor look. Bungie may even restrict gamers on how typically Guardians can Transmog every season, a call that already has followers upset.
While Vault of Glass and Transmog are among the most enjoyable issues coming this season, they’re not truly a part of Season of the Splicer. Season go homeowners will be capable of embark on a brand new, matchmade six-player exercise referred to as Override. There may even be a weekly Pinnacle mission referred to as Expunge, the place gamers can work to defeat the Vex.
These actions will internet gamers some new weapons and armor, however Bungie hasn’t revealed a lot about both.
Solstice of Heroes returns
Season of the Splicer may even host the fourth annual Solstice of Heroes, Bungie’s traditional Summer celebration. Solstice usually marks the top of a 12 months for Destiny 2, main gamers proper into a significant enlargement like Forsaken or Beyond Light. But due to Bungie’s choice to delay Destiny 2: The Witch Queen to early 2022, Splicer is the second of three seasons this 12 months.
It’s unclear how a lot this shift will impression the exercise, which is able to possible nonetheless see Guardians gallivanting all over the world and upgrading fancy armor.
Below, you’ll discover Bungie’s complete list of patch notes for Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer.
- Four Lost Sectors have been added to the day by day rotation of Legend or Master problem Lost Sectors!
- Fixed case-by-case points with unresponsive or clumping combatants throughout varied actions.
- Fixed a difficulty that might stop AI enemies from firing in some 6-player actions when there are quite a lot of enemies alive within the space.
- 6v6 Crucible actions have an up to date intro expertise.
- You can now cycle by your teammates to view metrics related to the exercise you’re getting into.
- Momentum Control and Team Scorched have returned and will probably be accessible as a part of the weekly playlist rotation.
- Adjusted The Dead Cliff’s spawn factors in order that gamers are not positioned on the sting of the cliff on match begin.
- Fixed defeat audio sound for teammate defeats in personal matches and in Showdown.
- Disabled mercy rule in personal matches.
- Players can now be a part of a non-public match in progress at any time, no matter workforce scores or time remaining.
- Fixed inaccessible Heavy ammo placements on Distant Shore, Bannerfall, Widow’s Court, and Altar of Flame.
- Fixed a uncommon situation that might end in fronts not rotating attributable to a single dwelling enemy hiding at a beforehand cleared entrance on the opposite aspect of the map.
- Fixed an incorrect wave development on Legion’s Folly (Vex).
- Fixed a difficulty the place a Scorn Abomination might turn out to be pleasant and begin attacking different Scorn.
- Fixed a difficulty the place dropped motes would disappear instantly if the opposing workforce summoned their primeval.
- Fixed a difficulty the place combatants within the Deep Six Gambit map would typically fail to maneuver round or take cowl.
- Fixed a difficulty that was permitting Warlock gamers to take advantage of Blink associated talents to stay on the opposing aspect throughout invasions in Gambit.
NEW LIGHT CAMPAIGN
- Improved the reasons in some tutorial messages.
- Tutorial messages will not pop as much as distract gamers throughout Crucible and Gambit matches.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers might abandon the ‘A Spark of Hope’ quest and never be capable of get better it from the Quest Archive vendor within the Tower.
- Fixed a difficulty the place some quest enemies in Moon free roam would instantly respawn after being defeated.
- Fixed a difficulty the place the Hive Rune might be lacking from one of many stones from a chest puzzle on the Moon.
- Fixed a difficulty the place among the chest puzzles on the Moon weren’t showing.
- Shaw Han now affords repeatable Cosmodrome bounties.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers might get caught behind the boss portal within the Veles Labyrinth Lost Sector.
- The Hive underneath the helicopters within the Divide will now all the time be that Ogre who first killed you again in 2014.
- All forgotten lifeless Ghosts left across the Cosmodrome have been eliminated and correctly laid to relaxation.
- The Grottos now has participant containment volumes round its water boundaries.
- Fixed a difficulty the place filling up your quest/bounty slots might end in gamers shedding an ‘A Small Gift’ pursuit awarded to them.
- During the primary encounter inside Rasputin’s bunker, the demise quantity contained in the bottomless pits has been lowered to offer gamers an opportunity to get better.
- Sped up the transition from orbit briefing dialog to the gameplay by just a few seconds.
- Fixed a difficulty the place dialog traces from the earlier space’s public occasions might play in the course of the Warsat encounter.
- Player’s Ghosts now instantly revive when the strike ends.
- The first fireteam member to enter the Warsat space ought to now reliably see the Warsat falling – watch out!
The Devil’s Lair:
- Removed some objects that might be interacted with however had no impact.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers might get caught within the air in the course of the Sepiks Prime boss battle when utilizing Thundercrash.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Sepiks Prime was taking extra harm than meant.
- As the boss battle progresses to decrease layers, any participant’s Ghost left above will now spawn on the present layer.
Warden of Nothing:
- Fixed a difficulty the place the variety of champions killed was not all the time being tracked accurately.
- Fixed a difficulty the place some Cabal champions had been lacking from the sector battle within the ruins of the outdated Prison of Elders.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers might get caught behind within the Ogre room if different members of the fireteam ran too far forward of them.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers who had accomplished the New Light marketing campaign would all the time hear the New Light dialogue in the course of the strike as an alternative of the conventional dialogue.
- Fixed points the place gamers might get locked out of the boss room and becoming a member of gamers might spawn in too far behind their fireteam.
- Fixed a difficulty the place the strike identify was written as Proving Ground.
Stop the Ether Ritual:
- Fixed a difficulty the place the UI wouldn’t all the time show that you simply had engaged with the general public occasion.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers would interact with the general public occasion just by being in the identical space on the Moon.
Deep Stone Crypt:
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers might hop off Sparrows to reset the fireplace within the basement of the Crypt Security encounter.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers can keep away from having the Rally Banner eliminated after beginning the ultimate encounter.
- Fixed an exploit the place gamers can full the Atraks-1 problem mode by having gamers sucked out of the airlock.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers had been in a position to set off a quarantine within the Crypt Security encounter by utilizing a finisher on combatants.
Garden of Salvation:
- Fixed a difficulty the place some music would fail to play whereas on the Divinity quest.
The Last Wish:
- Fixed a difficulty the place Riven might begin the wipe solid 20 seconds sooner if she went to a sure aspect.
Pit of Heresy:
- Fixed a difficulty that allowed the carry-object to be duplicated when dunking.
- Removed show cap on Player Waypoint Season Rank. Waypoint will now present participant’s precise Season Rank when it’s above 999.
- Season Rank now reveals up in participant nameplate tooltips.
- Gilded Title gilding depend shows on in-game participant waypoints.
- Fixed a difficulty the place some non-Gildable Seals had been displaying with Gilding UI.
- Fixed a difficulty the place the sound impact when gilding a title wouldn’t sync with animation.
- Moved fireteam privateness button in roster format.
- Reduced dismantle time and improved dismantle effectivity on some older Fizzled objects and currencies.
- Tooltips for objects in Triumphs tab not show ‘Triumph’ for every type discovered inside Record tab.
- Lore, Metric, and many others. are all appropriately named.
- Several modifications to Nav Mode:
- Separated Bounties from Quests in Nav Mode.
- All Bounties now seem in Nav Mode. They can not be Tracked in consequence.
- Category switching on keyboard and mouse can now be managed with the scroll wheel.
- Tracked Triumph now seems in its personal Nav Mode class.
- H.E.L.M. now seems within the Director Destinations tab (moved from the Tower map) and has its personal map.
- Legends added to the Director Destinations tab.
- Shortcut between HUD quest step notifications and quest particulars display added for keyboard and mouse customers.
- Updated loading hints relating to anti-Champion modifications.
- Appearance Customization has been added to the Vanity display (beneath the Character display).
- Players are actually in a position to absolutely customise their armors shaders and ornaments from this display.
- Players are additionally now in a position to unlock the appearances of any armor they’ve obtained utilizing Clas Specific or MTX Tokens (Synthweave Bolts or Synthweave Template).
- Players are actually in a position to apply shaders to all their armor without delay by way of the Overview tab.
- Players are actually in a position to preview shaders/ornaments on a number of items without delay inside the Appearance Customization display.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- In Season of the Hunt, many armor mods had been deprecated because of the change to the vitality varieties of all weapon-focused armor mods being modified to Any Energy Type. The pre-Armor 2.0 model of those perks have additionally been deprecated.
- The Mindvault decoration can now be geared up on the Year-1 model of the Insurmountable Skullfort.
- Fixed a difficulty that was leading to female character fashions using masculine character mannequin palms throughout sure cinematic scenes (e.g., gear and character preview screens) which was ensuing within the palms visibly clipping by the gear wrap bits.
- Telesto will not incorrectly set off the Death Throes perk of the Verity’s Brow Exotic.
- Khepri’s Sting will not grant Truesight when affected by one other Guardian’s smoke bomb invisibility.
- Felwinter’s Helm will not trigger 2020 Solstice armor glows to default to Void, whatever the participant’s present subclass.
- The Heavy Handed mod will now accurately work with the Shiver Strike melee.
- The Assassin’s Cowl, Severance Enclosure, and Felwinter’s Helm Exotics now set off their results on Stasis-powered melee takedowns.
- Severance Enclosure and Felwinter’s Helm now create their results on the location of the enemy defeated by a powered melee, as an alternative of originating on the participant’s location.
- Added a full suite of Trace Rifle-focused armor mods to the sport.
- Removed the Infusion Caps from all Legendary armor items issued or reissued in Season of the Worthy or later.
- Armor units issued in Season of the Worthy and Season of Arrivals have had their Legacy armor mod socket changed with a Combat Style armor mod socket.
- Removed the Infusion Caps from all Legendary weapons issued or reissued in Season of the Worthy or later.
- Aggressive (120 rpm) Hand Cannons now have harm and intention help falloff distance decreased by between 2 and 4 meters based mostly on vary stat.
- This roughly halves the vary buff they acquired in Beyond Light.
- Vortex Frame Sword full vitality Heavy assault ammo value elevated from 4 to 6.
- Removed chip harm from Swords.
- Increased Precision (450 rpm) Auto Rifle harm per bullet from 17 to 18.
- Added a uncommon Linear Fusion Rifle and Breech Grenade Launcher to the world loot pool.
- Increased Linear Fusion Rifle precision harm by 15%, and elevated reserve ammo by 20%.
- Increased harm falloff begin distance for Fusion Rifles, no impact on 100 vary stat, +2m on 0 vary stat.
- Quickdraw Handling bonus is now eliminated after 1s after switching to this weapon, or on aiming down sights.
- Replaced Quickdraw with Surplus on new and current drops of Felwinter’s Lie and Astral Horizon.
- Frenzy bonus harm decreased from +20% to +15%.
- Reservoir Burst now will increase journal dimension along with its different results, decreased full battery bonus harm from 33% to 25%.
- Subsistence not reduces reserve ammunition and Submachine Guns now obtain the identical ammo fraction per takedown that Auto Rifles do.
- High-Impact Reserves and Under Pressure are actually lively so long as their situations are met (used to set off on projectile hearth).
- Unrelenting now extra simply triggers in PvE (quick set off on orange bars) and heals 20% extra.
- Sympathetic Arsenal now grants +20 reload along with its major impact.
- Dragonfly now works on Heavy Shanks and Servitors, and happens even sooner than after the Season of the Chosen change.
- Hipfire Grip features +1 levels precision hip hearth angle threshold, +1.2x reticule stickiness falloff distance (improve from the Season of Arrivals buff).
- Iron Grip, Iron Gaze, Iron Reach secondary stat penalty decreased from -40 to –30.
- Osmosis and Elemental Capacitor now works when taking part in a Stasis subclass.
- Elemental Capacitor with a Stasis subclass grants +recoil path and reduces ADS transfer velocity penalty.
- No Distractions set off time decreased from 1.5s to 1s and flinch discount elevated from 30% to 35%.
- Celerity now all the time grants +20 dealing with and +20 reload along with the triggered impact.
- Bottomless Grief now all the time grants +30 journal stat along with the triggered impact.
- Adept Mag and Adept Targeting secondary stat penalty decreased from -20 to -15, fastened Adept Mag not granting reserves when utilized to a Sword.
- Adept Counterbalance has elevated recoil path profit.
- Mida Multitool catalyst perk modified from Outlaw to No Distractions.
- Hawkmoon has elevated precedence of Paracausal Charge and Paracausal Shot buff textual content (this was typically dropping off the underside of the listing).
- The Lament has decreased harm of revved Heavy assault by ~16%.
- Bastion chip harm eliminated and as an alternative intrinsically staggers Unstoppable Champions. Increased unfold angle by 13%.
- Ticuu’s Divination is now acquirable by the Monument to Lost Lights kiosk within the Tower.
- Surrounded perk buff will not linger when utilizing Surrounded Spec mod.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Symmetry was in a position to trigger harm to pleasant teammates in Crucible utilizing its alternate-fire mode.
- Fixed a difficulty the place precision Hand Cannons would present down arrow on journal stat when making use of a Backup Mag mod.
- Fixed a difficulty the place journal dimension would all the time show a inexperienced improve arrow even when the journal decreases on Temporal Clause.
- Fixed a difficulty the place thresh would set off a generic buff SFX on every kill, even when Super vitality is full.
- Fixed and situation the place Cloudstrike might set off the lightning storm even when taking pictures invulnerable targets.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Bad Juju’s emissive coloration was white as an alternative of its regular inexperienced.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Summoner Auto Rifle’s emissive coloration was white as an alternative of its regular orange.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Seventh Seraph Shotgun decoration had artifacting close to the bolt.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Adored Sniper Rifle was utilizing Beyond Light Watermark as an alternative of Season of the Hunt Watermark.
- Fixed and situation the place MIDA Multi-Tool had animation popping in first individual when popping out of a dash.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Adept Mag didn’t work on Sola’s Scar.
POWER AND PROGRESSION
- The Infusion Cap for weapons and armor has risen 10 factors. All sources will now provide upgrades as much as 1260, Powerful sources as much as 1310, and Pinnacle sources will go to 1320.
BOUNTIES AND PURSUITS
- The Exo Stranger has a brand new Stasis Aspect quest accessible.
- Requires Beyond Light possession, marketing campaign completion, and acquisition of all prior Stasis Aspects from the Stranger.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Step 2 of the Born in Darkness Part 2 quest unintentionally modified to solely require utilizing Stasis talents towards 30 combatants as an alternative of the unique 60. The goal has been returned to the unique worth. Players who haven’t but accomplished this quest step should use Stasis talents towards 60 combatants.
- Weapon-focused bounties now cycle on a weekly rotation as an alternative of random.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Eris Morn’s post-campaign Memories quests weren’t exhibiting on her map marker.
- Fixed a difficulty the place the reward chest had no waypoint, making it simple to overlook.
- Zavala, Shaxx, and Drifter have new day by day and repeatable stasis bounties accessible.
- Gambit day by day bounty and all three repeatable bounties require Stasis subclass acquisition.
ABILITIES, ASPECTS, AND FRAGMENTS
- Fixed a bug that was making the Hunter Arcstrider’s Way of the Warrior Combat Flow perk behave inconsistently.
- Stasis talents now have colorblind assist:
- Enemy Crystals
- Enemy Squall
- Enemy Duskfield
- Enemy Bleak Watcher
- Player highlighting in Crucible now has colorblind assist.
- The freeze detonation from Silence & Squall has been decreased from 12m to 8.5m in radius.
- Enemy Squall now has a pink ring to outline its space because it approaches.
- Shiver Strike melee vitality is now refunded when Glacial Quake ends.
- Fixed a difficulty through which gamers can set off Whisper of Torment by standing in an opponent’s Barricade.
- Bleak Watcher Aspect now grants two fragment slots.
- Fixed a difficulty with Chaos Reach Super that was permitting it to penetrate some skinny partitions or objects sufficient to break and kill opponents on the opposite aspect.
- Reduced the well being of the Fallen Dropship turrets.
- Added stat trackers for every Seal that may be gilded, monitoring what number of occasions the Seal has been gilded.
- The Well-Rested tooltip has been up to date to direct gamers to Seasonal Challenges somewhat than Weekly Bounties.
- Added a Past header class for Seasonal Challenges, and moved any Season of the Chosen Seasonal Challenges with weapon, popularity, or lore rewards to the Season of the Chosen class underneath the Past.
- All different Season of the Chosen Seasonal Challenges are not accessible.
- Added a brand new XP reward dimension for Seasonal Challenges.
- Shaders are actually unlockable objects and not consumed upon software.
- Shaders not exist inside the Inventory and might now be discovered inside Collections.
- Any shader that has been unlocked in Collections will be utilized to weapons or armor for the price of 500 Glimmer.
- Existing shaders held in participant Inventories, Vaults, and on the Postmaster have been eliminated.
- Updated tooltip to tell gamers buying Season Pass ranks at rank 99, does NOT present progress previous rank 100.
- Seasonal armor will not drop from the Season Pass.
- Seasonal armor is now accessible completely by Seasonal actions and Seasonal Rank bonuses.
Updated Season Pass Rank Rewards:
- Rank 5 – 25 Legendary Shards
- Rank 10 – 25 Legendary Shards
- Rank 15 – 5 Enhancement Cores
- Rank 20 – Exotic Engram
- Rank 25 – Legendary Engram
- Rank 14 – 25 Legendary Shards
- Rank 15 – 5 Enhancement Cores
- Rank 17 – 10,000 Glimmer
- Rank 24 – Legendary Engram
- Rank 27 – 5 Enhancement Cores
- Rank 34 – 3 Upgrade Modules
- Rank 37 – 10,000 Glimmer
- Rank 44 – 25 Legendary Shards
- Rank 47 – 3 Upgrade Modules
- Rank 54 – Exotic Engram
- Rank 57 – 5 Enhancement Cores
VALOR, INFAMY, AND GLORY
- Glory, Valor, and Infamy reputations have had their inside programs rebuilt to a unified implementation. In-game, gamers ought to count on minimal perceived modifications.
- Unified Glory, Valor, and Infamy rank popularity monitoring.
- Before Forsaken, Glory and Valor had solely Major ranks (Guardian, Brave, and many others.).
- After Forsaken, Glory and Valor gained sub-ranks (Brave I, II, III) alongside Infamy. However, all of the historic monitoring (Lifetime Ranks) and quest utilization nonetheless used the unique Major ranks.
- Now, the sub-ranks are actually referred to easily as Ranks, and all utilization has been transformed to make use of them the place acceptable. (I.e., all lifetime values and quest targets have been multiplied by three.)
- Glory playlists not block Valor win streaks from declining.
- The Valor badge now seems on the Trials launch display.
- Infamy win streak bonus is now linear (+35 factors per win).
- Glory win streak bonus is now linear (+20 factors per win).
- Valor and Glory features and rewards are actually blocked by the PvP Banhammer.
- You are actually not in a position to reset Valor or Infamy when you have a full stack of Ascendant Shards.
- Infamy rank reward Bygones is now accessible with out restriction.
- Infamy rank reward Distant Relation is accessible if it has by no means been acquired earlier than.
- Ada-1 has returned to the Tower with quite a lot of new choices.
- Once the Seasonal introductory quest is accomplished, gamers can go to Ada-1 to choose up Armor Synthesis Bounties to earn supplies for as much as 10 Armor Synthesis per class per Season.
- Banshee-44 not affords Armor mods and can as an alternative provide a collection of Weapon mods which is able to rotate day by day.
- When Xur’s stock consists of an Exotic armor piece with a perk impact that will depend on the usage of a selected means, that armor piece ought to extra reliably include the next stat worth within the stat that governs the cooldown of that means.
FOCUSED UMBRAL ENGRAMS AND PRISMATIC RECASTER
- Focused Umbral Engrams now auto-decrypt when obtained by way of the Prismatic Recaster.
- The visible states for Focusing choices on the Prismatic Recaster have been streamlined to cut back visible muddle and confusion.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Added movement blur, chromatic aberration, and movie grain settings choices to Xbox One and PS4.
- Fixed a bug that was stopping Sparrow cleanup when the rider exited the sport unexpectedly.
- Fixed a difficulty inflicting gear within the Destiny Content Vault to erroneously drop from strike-unique loot lists.
- Sparrows not outing after seven seconds and might now keep on the planet semi-indefinitely.
- Just please be respectful the place you park them.
- Players can now simply filter the choices within the Eververse Storefront Archive tab.
- Offerings have elevated to 200+ objects within the Archive.
- Store tab now shows a sheen when Bright Engrams can be found for decrypting.