It didn’t go into particulars of what units will probably be eligible for the replace however has now revealed a weblog submit revealing all of the essential info. There are a complete of 38 Samsung units included within the checklist which have been divided into 5 classes. These embody Galaxy S sequence, Galaxy Note sequence, Galaxy A sequence, foldable lineup, and tablets.
Here is the whole checklist:
- Galaxy S sequence: Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, S20 Ultra, S20+ 5G, S20+, S20 5G, S20, S10 5G, S10+, S10, S10e, S10 Lite, and upcoming S sequence units
- Galaxy Note sequence: Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 5G, Note20, Note10+ 5G, Note10+, Note10 5G, Note10, Note10 Lite and upcoming Note sequence units
- Galaxy A sequence: Galaxy A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51, A90 5G and choose upcoming A sequence units
- Foldable lineup: Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G, Z Flip, Fold 5G, Fold, and upcoming Z sequence units
- Tablets: Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tab S7+, Tab S7 5G, Tab S7, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite and upcoming Tab S sequence units
Samsung is ready to replace the final technology, the present technology, and upcoming units of their respective lineups for a interval of three years. This primarily means three main Android model upgrades to those lineups. One factor to remember is that solely “select” Galaxy A sequence of units will probably be included sooner or later. Since Galaxy A sequence consists of telephones throughout completely different price segments, we predict Samsung to help solely high-end units.
Janghyun Yoon, SVP and Head of Software Platform Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics mentioned:
“Samsung is committed to supporting our users to fully enjoy the latest mobile experiences while they are using Galaxy devices. As people hold onto their devices for longer, we are working to bring secure protection and exciting new features to the devices already in their hands. By supporting up to three generations of Android OS upgrade, we are extending the lifecycle of our Galaxy products and making a promise that we will provide a simple and secure mobile experience that takes advantage of the latest innovations as soon as they are available.”