So, the trick is to make use of the “AssistiveTouch” characteristic in iOS and iPadOS to entry the “Spotlight search”.
Now, the “AssistiveTouch” is an accessibility characteristic that’s current in iOS and iPadOS for easy-access to totally different options. It is actually a floating interface which you could faucet to deliver up a platter with a set of buttons to carry out numerous actions within the OS.
This platter can include as much as 8 buttons from an array of different button choices. And right here, we will add the “Spotlight” button to entry the search characteristic anyplace on iOS and iPadOS.
Access “Spotlight Search” Anywhere on iOS and iPadOS
So, right here is how one can activate “AssistiveTouch” and add the “Spotlight” button in iOS and iPadOS to entry “Spotlight Search” anyplace.
Turn On “AssistiveTouch”
To activate “AssistiveTouch”:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Scroll down to search out “Accessibility”.
- Inside the “Accessibility” settings, faucet the “Touch” button beneath the “Physical and Motor” part.
- On the highest, faucet the “AssistiveTouch” possibility.
- On this web page, toggle the “AssisitiveTouch” button to show it on.
Add “Spotlight” to “AssistiveTouch” Platter
Now, that you’ve got turned on “AssistiveTouch”, let’s add the “Spotlight” choice to the button platter.
- So, on the “AssistiveTouch” web page, faucet the “Customize Top Level Menu” possibility.
- Here, faucet any of the prevailing buttons to open an inventory of buttons to select from.
- In this checklist, discover “Spotlight” and faucet it choose.
- Now, faucet the “Done” button on the high proper nook so as to add the button to the “AssisitveTouch” platter.
So now, you’ll be able to entry the “Spotlight search” anyplace contained in the OS fairly than simply on the house. When inside any app, simply faucet the floating “AssistiveTouch” button to open up the platter and from there faucet the “magnifier” icon to invoke the “Spotlight search”.
Now, it is a fairly nifty trick which I additionally found not too long ago from a Reddit post. It was shared by u/yashinodon on the r/iOS subreddit and all because of the Redditor for sharing this useful trick with the world.