Add Third-party Apps on Microsoft Teams
There are three locations the place you’ll be able to add third-party apps on Microsoft Teams: Sidebar the place apps will solely be obtainable to you; Tabs the place apps might be shared with the entire crew; Chat window the place apps might be obtainable to everybody in your crew and give you instantaneous third-party service throughout the group dialog.
All 3 ways have their very own utility and you’ll be taught the use-case as you delve deeper. Anyway, right here I’m going to start out with the way to add third-party apps on the sidebar of Microsoft Teams.
1. On the left sidebar, click on on the 3-dot menu and open “More Apps“.
2. On the subsequent web page, you may be taken to lots of of third-party apps. Now, merely open your favourite app and click on on the “Add” button.
3. Within seconds, the app might be obtainable within the sidebar. You should sign-in together with your account after which you should use it beneath Microsoft Teams. As I stated earlier than, all apps on the sidebar will stay with you and gained’t be shared with the whole crew.
4. Coming to Tabs, transfer to the “Teams” window and click on on the “+” button. Here, you will see many first-party providers as nicely together with Word, Excel, and extra. If you scroll down then you will see a number of third-party apps.
5. Click on the app of your selection so as to add it to Microsoft Teams. Apps beneath Tabs might be shared with the entire Team. However, for third-party providers, they should sign-in with their separate account.
6. One cool function of Apps beneath Tabs is that if a service just isn’t obtainable, you’ll be able to add it as an internet site. Just click on on “Website” and enter the URL. Now, the web site might be obtainable beneath Microsoft Teams on a regular basis. That’s cool, proper?
7. Finally, coming to Chat apps, open the “Chat” window and click on on the 3-dot menu on the bottom-bar. Here, click on on “More Apps”.
8. Now, you’ll be able to add any third-party app to chats on Microsoft Teams. For instance, you’ll be able to add the “Images” app to shortly seek for pictures whereas chatting together with your teammates. This will prevent a variety of time.
Enjoy a Bevy of Third-party Apps on Microsoft Teams
So that’s how one can add third-party apps on Microsoft Teams. As we went by means of the article, we will see that there are three alternative ways to carry third-party providers to Teams. However, the target is frequent: entry every thing you want on Teams with out opening one other tab or window. I’d say, after testing the apps, the combination is kind of good and you’ll absolutely get pleasure from instantaneous entry to so many third-party providers.
Microsoft has been pushing groups closely to its clients and releasing new options continually. Teams additionally has a built-in video calling function and we in contrast groups to Google Meet and Zoom to see the way it festivals. Click on the hyperlink to learn our detailed comparability. Well, that’s all from us. Let us understand how you’re feeling about Teams within the feedback under.