Here is all the things it is advisable find out about backing up (and restoring) your cellphone’s SMS archive, which might be saved on the gadget, mailed to your self, or saved to the cloud. This shall be helpful if it is advisable reset your cellphone to manufacturing facility settings, or in the event you’re switching to a brand new cellphone. We used SMS Backup and Restore, which was acquired by Carbonite a couple of years in the past. Just observe these steps to backup SMS in your Android cellphone.
Creating a backup of your Android cellphone’s SMS messages
To create a backup of all of your SMS messages, you will want to begin by putting in Carbonite SMS Backup and Restore in your cellphone. Once that is accomplished, observe these steps:
- On the welcome display screen, faucet on Get Started.
- You’ll should grant entry to information (to avoid wasting the backup), contacts, SMS (clearly), and handle cellphone calls (to backup your name logs). Keep tapping Allow on all 4 pop-ups.
- Tap Set up a backup.
- Toggle cellphone calls off in the event you solely wish to again up your texts. You may faucet Advanced choices if you wish to again up MMSes or chosen conversations; depart this alone if you wish to again up your complete textual content archive.
- Tap Next.
- Now, utilizing the toggles, choose the place you wish to make the backup. You can select Google Drive or Dropbox, however in the event you do not wish to give entry then you possibly can activate the toggle for Your cellphone, after which copy the file manually.
- If you are okay with the default folder faucet on OK, in any other case faucet on Browse and discover the folder you wish to save the backup in.
- Once that is accomplished, faucet on Next, after which within the popup, faucet on Yes.
- You can both set a backup schedule from the toggles in entrance of you, or flip off the Schedule recurring backups toggle. Then, faucet on Back Up Now.
That’s it, the backup will now be carried out. With round 13,000 messages on our cellphone, the method took below three minutes. Once you could have the backup file, you possibly can copy it to your PC, or reserve it to the cloud manually, with out linking your apps to a third-party software program.
Restoring a backup of your Android cellphone’s SMS messages
After you have created a backup of your Android cellphone’s SMS messages, you possibly can go forward and reset the cellphone, both since you wish to try to release house, or since you’re shifting to a brand new cellphone. Now that you have made the backup although, what do you do subsequent? Once once more, you will want to put in Carbonite SMS Backup and Restore both in your new cellphone, or your newly formatted cellphone. Once that is accomplished, observe these steps to revive SMS messages:
- Ensure that the SMS backup is copied to your cellphone.
- Start Carbonite SMS Backup and Restore and faucet Get Started on the welcome display screen.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon on the highest left, and faucet on Restore.
- Tap on Local backup location in case you are utilizing an area copy, or in the event you selected to make use of Google Drive or Dropbox, faucet on the suitable button.
- It ought to discover the newest backup robotically, but when it doesn’t, faucet on Select one other backup, and faucet on the file you wish to restore from. Choose from the toggles to determine what you wish to restore, messages, and cellphone calls.
- Tap on Restore, after which OK, and Yes on the following two popups to get began.
That’s all there’s to it. The app restores all of your messages, so you possibly can choose up the place you left off even in the event you’re switching to a brand new cellphone. And in the event you’re backing up your present gadget, additionally it is checking for duplicates in order to not flood your inbox with copies. The course of not fairly as quick as backing up the messages. Restoring round 13,000 messages took round 5 minutes.
Once that is accomplished, you are good to go and might uninstall the app if you wish to, or if you wish to schedule common backups, that can also be an choice accessible to you. Since the app must be the default SMS software for restoring messages, you will wish to go to your SMS software and open it to make it the default once more, however apart from that, there’s nothing else it is advisable do.
Was this tip helpful to you? And do you could have a most well-liked various for backing up SMS messages in your Android cellphone? Tell us, and the opposite readers, by way of the feedback, and take a look at our different useful suggestions within the How To part.