Block Clipboard Access on Android (2020)
Google addressed the long-standing difficulty of clipboard entry with the discharge of Android 10. It put a heavy restriction on apps that may entry copied information within the background. However, after uproar from the Android group, it appears Google has quietly backtracked.
As issues stand now, even on Android 10, many apps have entry to the clipboard. So regardless of which Android model you’re working, comply with this information to manually block the entry.
1. To block clipboard entry on Android, it’s essential arrange ADB in your laptop. In case, you’re fully unaware of ADB then undergo our linked information for detailed info.
2. Once you could have arrange ADB, run
adb units in your Terminal window to confirm the connection. If it returns a serial quantity then you’re good to go.
3. Next, run
adb shell in your Terminal window.
4. Now, to discover the apps which have clipboard entry in your Android machine, execute the beneath command. It will output an extended listing of package deal names of apps having clipboard entry.
cmd appops query-op --user 0 READ_CLIPBOARD permit
5. Note down the package deal title of apps that you just wish to block from accessing your Android clipboard. Now, substitute the package deal title within the beneath command and run it. It received’t output something, however modifications will likely be made within the background.
Note: Don’t block textual content editors as this motion may even disable the “Paste” performance inside the app.
cmd appops set <packagename> READ_CLIPBOARD ignore
6. If you wish to permit an app to entry the clipboard on Android then you may merely substitute
permit and run the identical command.
cmd appops set <packagename> READ_CLIPBOARD permit
Prevent Apps From Accessing The Clipboard on Android
So that’s how one can block clipboard entry on Android. I want there was a simple approach to handle this important permission, however sadly there isn’t one. So, simply arrange ADB– which is a one-time factor– and you may be all set. Apart from that, you too can uninstall bloatware from Android units utilizing ADB. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you discovered the article useful then do remark down beneath and tell us.