Google Assistant began out with only one voice (feminine), one language (English), and one accent (American) however has since expanded to supply a number of voices in several languages. At least for English, Google has added a number of accents, together with British and Australian. The better part is that it’s all configurable. It means you may change the default voice from the Google app Settings menu in your telephone. Here, we’ll present you how one can change the voice and language of Google Assistant in your Android gadget, iPhone, or iPad.
Change Voice and Language of Google Assistant
The course of of adjusting voice and language preferences for Google Assistant needs to be equivalent no matter the language and area your Google app is configured for. The actual variety of choices, nevertheless, may differ from one area/language to a different. Also, observe that the voice setting will apply to all your Google Assistant units utilizing the identical Google account. So right this moment, let’s see how one can change the voice and language of Google Assistant on Android and iPhone/ iPad.
On Android Devices (Smartphones and Tablets)
You can change the voice and language settings of Google Assistant on Android units utilizing both the Google app or a voice command. Follow the strategies detailed beneath to get began.
- Open the Google app in your Android telephone. Now click on on More (three dots) on the bottom-right nook, and on the subsequent web page, choose Settings.
Note: To open Assistant settings instantly through voice command in your Android gadget, say – “Hey Google, open Assistant Settings.”
- On the settings web page, choose Google Assistant. Then scroll down somewhat and choose the ‘Assistant Voice’ choices below All Settings.
- Here, you may change the voice settings of Google Assistant. Google makes use of colours to indicate Assistant voices as a substitute of names, and Red is the default setting for English. There are ten choices accessible for my gadget, together with Cyan, Green, Amber, Orange, and extra. Swipe on the circles to slip by means of the voice choices and choose the one which catches your fancy.
- Navigate to the Google Assistant Settings web page (More > Settings > Google Assistant) as described above. Then scroll down a bit and faucet on Languages. To change the first language, faucet on the primary choice . To add a second language, faucet on ‘Add a Language’  and take your choose.
- The pop-up menu for language choice will look much like what you see beneath.
Note: Local Indian languages, together with Marathi, Bangla, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Urdu, Gujarati, and Kannada, can solely be chosen as the first language in Google Assistant.
On iPhone and iPad (iOS/iPadOS)
The course of to alter the Google Assistant voice and language is simply as easy on iOS as on Android. However, in contrast to Android, you may entry the Assistant settings by means of the Google Assistant app on iOS. Here’s the way you do it:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Assistant app. At the top-right nook on the house web page, faucet in your profile picture. Then scroll down and choose the Assistant Voice choice.
- Just like on Android, you may choose your favourite voice on the subsequent web page.
- Open Google Assistant in your iPhone or iPad. Tap in your profile icon and go to the ‘Languages’ choice below All Settings. Choose a language on the subsequent web page.
Just like on Android, you may choose as much as two languages. You can speak to the Google Assistant in both language, however not a mixture of each.
Personalize Google Assistant Voice and Language to Your Liking
Since its preliminary launch in 2016, Google Assistant has expanded to virtually all corners of the globe and is now accessible in additional than 90 nations and helps over 30 languages. According to a 2020 report, the voice assistant was being used by more than 500 million users every month. This quantity has possible solely grown over the previous few months.
So in case you’re a Google Assistant consumer, you now know learn how to change its voice and language settings. Since you like your Google Assistant, try our information on learn how to use Google Assistant on Android TV. Just be sure that you make use of the Guest mode on Google Assistant to keep up your privateness.