Microsoft Teams: Clear Cache to Fix Common Problems (2021)
We will present you how one can clear the app cache in Microsoft Teams on Mac and Windows on this article. This ought to repair a wide selection of issues, together with points with updating your profile information or picture after you have got edited your information. It can be useful in case an add-on received’t work as anticipated in Teams. So let’s take a look at how one can clear the app cache in Microsoft Teams utilizing the Command Prompt on Windows and Keychain Access on Mac.
Clear Microsoft Teams Cache on Windows
To clear the app cache of the Microsoft Teams consumer on Windows 10 or Windows 11, you should observe the steps under:
1. First off, shut the Microsoft Teams consumer. To do this, right-click on the app icon within the system tray on the bottom-right nook and choose “Quit“.
Note: If the app icon isn’t instantly seen, click on on the “upwards arrow” signal to see all apps within the system tray.
2. Next, open a Command Prompt window with admin privileges. To do this, seek for “command prompt” within the Windows Search Bar and click on on “Run as Administrator“.
3. Now, copy+paste the next command:
rmdir /q /s %appdata%MicrosoftTeams in Command Prompt and hit Enter. If there’s no error message, it means the cache information have been deleted efficiently.
Note: Instead of constructing you go to the Teams App Data folder in File Explorer and delete every folder individually, we now have included a nifty command on this information that can assist you clear Microsoft Teams cache rapidly.
Once you restart the app, it can robotically create new cache information. However, do notice that clearing the cache information will signal you out, so you’ll have to log in once more utilizing your credentials. It may even filter out the net consumer cache, icons, thumbnails, settings, show pictures, and any add-ons. However, it received’t delete any of your chats, conferences, planners, and so forth.
Clear Microsoft Teams Cache on Mac
As for Mac customers, observe the steps under to clear the Microsoft Teams cache and repair any persistent bugs and points with the staff collaboration app.
1. First off, right-click on the Microsoft Teams app icon in your dock and choose “Quit“.
2. Now open Finder, click on on “Go” within the menu bar on the prime, and choose the “Go to Folder” possibility.
3. Next, copy+paste the next path within the textual content subject on the pop-up window and click on “Go“.
4. Now, right-click on the “Teams” folder and choose “Move to Bin“.
5. Next, open “Spotlight Search” by clicking on the magnifying glass icon on the prime proper nook of the menu bar. You also can use the keyboard shortcut Cmd + Space bar.
6. Now, kind “Keychain” in Spotlight Search, and from the options that seem, click on on “Keychain Access“.
7. Finally, you need to seek for “Microsoft Teams” in Keychain Access and find the “Microsoft Teams Identities Cache“. Right-click on this merchandise and choose “Delete“. You have now efficiently cleared the Microsoft Teams cache on Mac, and now you can shut Keychain Access.
Once you relaunch Microsoft Teams, the app will create a complete new set of cache information, which ought to hopefully eliminate the problems you have been dealing with. Like on Windows, it will signal you out of the app and delete your settings. However, your entire chats, messages, and conferences, is not going to be deleted, and you’ll nonetheless be capable of entry them when you log in.
Troubleshoot Problems with MS Teams Like a Pro
Now that you understand how to clear the cache of the Microsoft Teams app on Windows and Mac, I hope this information helps clear up your downside. If it doesn’t, we advise you test the official Teams assist middle to see when you can find a solution there. If that additionally doesn’t pan out, log into the Teams assist web site (visit) and publish your question on the Teams assist discussion board. Hopefully, that can get you a definitive reply on how one can clear up the difficulty you might be dealing with. Meanwhile, you can even take a look at a few our different tutorials, together with how one can allow noise cancellation in Microsoft Teams and how one can create memes in Teams.