Customize the Windows 11 Start Menu (2021)
Here, now we have detailed all the pieces it’s essential know concerning the new Windows 11 Start Menu and tips on how to personalize it as per your wants. As the brand new Start menu is totally different, you might need to offer it a while to develop on you. Nevertheless, now we have offered some necessary tricks to higher your Start Menu expertise on Windows 11.
Rearrange Icons and Pin Apps to Windows 11 Start Menu
1. The finest solution to discover your favourite apps on any Windows model is by pinning them to the Start Menu. And properly, you are able to do the identical in Windows 11 as properly. Simply click on on “All Apps” on the prime proper, scroll down and go to the app you need to pin to the Start Menu.
2. Then, right-click on it and choose the “Pin to Start” choice. You may also do it from the desktop or every other location. And as now we have defined under, you can even pin folders to the Start Menu.
3. And voila! The app will seem within the “Pinned” part entrance and middle.
Manage Pinned Apps in Windows 11 Start Menu
1. You may also drag the app and transfer it to any place within the “Pinned” apps listing of your liking
2. Moreover, when you pin greater than 18 apps to the Start Menu, then Windows 11 provides a second web page. You can scroll to maneuver between totally different pages of pinned apps.
3. By the way in which, you possibly can nonetheless seek for apps on Windows 11 in alphabetical order. Just open “All apps” and click on on any alphabet.
Tune Recommendations in Windows 11 Start Menu
1. First off, open Settings and navigate to “Personalization” from the left pane. Here, scroll down and go to “Start” settings.
2. Now, I might recommend enabling “Show just lately added apps” to seek out the brand new app or program within the Start Menu instantly after putting in it. You save time by not scrolling by means of all the app listing to discover a newly put in app.
3. Next, allow “Show probably the most used apps” to get suggestions of often used apps entrance and middle within the Start Menu.
4. Next, if the “Show the most used apps” toggle is greyed out, it’s essential allow a privateness setting to make it work. Open Settings and leap to “Privacy & Security” from the left pane. Here, click on on “General”.
5. After that, allow “Let Windows enhance Start and search outcomes by monitoring app launches”. Now, go forward and open the Personalization web page as soon as once more. You will now be capable of activate the “Show the most used apps” choice.
6. Besides that, allow the “Show just lately opened gadgets in Start, Jump Lists and File Explorer” choice. It will give you fast entry to information and applications you entry throughout your Windows 11 PC within the Start Menu.
Add Folders to Windows 11 Start Menu
1. Similar to Windows 10, Windows 11 additionally allows you to add folders to the Start Menu. Go to the Settings -> Personalization -> Start web page and click on on “Folders“.
2. Here, you possibly can add folders reminiscent of Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and extra to the Start Menu.
3. The folders will seem to the left of the ability menu within the Start Menu. This method, you possibly can shortly entry necessary folders from the Windows 11 Start menu with out ever needing to scroll by means of pinned apps or something.
4. In case you need to add a customized folder to the Start menu, that’s additionally potential in Windows 11. To do that, right-click on that folder and click on on the “Pin to Start” choice. The new OS natively helps pinning folders to the Start Menu, so that you don’t want to make use of any third-party apps or tweak the AppData folder.
5. Now, the customized folder will seem within the “Pinned” apps part within the Start Menu. You can use this function to maintain your desktop clear and clutter-free.
Bring Back the Classic Start Menu in Windows 11
In case you don’t just like the Windows 10X-style Start Menu on Windows 11 and wish the traditional Start menu with Live Tiles assist again on Windows 11, you are able to do that as properly. Simply observe our linked article for detailed steps on tips on how to edit the registry information to get entry to the outdated Windows 10-style Start Menu.
Microsoft has additionally added an choice to maneuver to the Start Menu and different taskbar icons again to the left edge. Navigate to Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar and choose “Left” from the brand new “Taskbar alignment” choice.
Move Windows 11 Taskbar, Start Menu to the Top or Side
That was all concerning the Start menu, however if you wish to transfer the taskbar on Windows 11 to totally different sides, say the highest or proper aspect, properly, you are able to do that with some Registry tweaks. Just observe our detailed information on tips on how to transfer the Windows 11 Taskbar to the highest, left, or proper aspect of the display screen, and you can be all set.
Personalize the Start Menu on Windows 11 to Get the Most Out of It
So these are some methods you possibly can customise the Windows 11 Start Menu and enhance apps and information suggestions, get fast entry to your favourite applications, and extra. As I exploit Windows 11 increasingly, it’s changing into clear that Microsoft doesn’t need you to undergo the entire app listing. Instead, it goals to supply a deeply customized expertise proper from the Start. Anyway, that’s all from us. But how has your expertise been on Windows 11? Comment down under and tell us your ideas on Microsoft’s next-gen desktop OS. And in case you might have some questions concerning Windows 11, try our Windows 11 FAQs to clear all of your doubts.