How to Disable Google Meet in Gmail App (Android and iOS)
Now, the “Meet” tab on the Gmail app is way more outstanding because it sits on the backside with a devoted part. However, in the event you’re a Zoom-er as a substitute of a “Meet” consumer, then this tab is basically a waste of house for the apps. So, right here is easy methods to disable it on iOS and Android apps.
- Launch the Gmail app in your iOS or Android gadget.
- Tap the hamburger menu on the top-left nook.
- Scroll all the way down to the underside and faucet “Settings” to open it.
- Choose your most well-liked profile, you probably have a number of profiles registered.
- Here, beneath the “General” part you’ll discover a change for “Meet” with the outline title, “Show the Meet tab for video calling”.
- Toggle the change to show it off and growth! You’re performed.
- Repeat the earlier two steps in your different profiles.
So now, if you open the Gmail app in your gadget, the “Meet” tab received’t be there anymore.
How to Disable Google Meet in Gmail on the Web
Now, in contrast to within the apps, the “Meet” tab is far much less outstanding on the net platform. However, in the event you’re not going to make use of it, then what’s the purpose of conserving it? So, observe the steps beneath to disable it on the net.
- Open your Gmail account utilizing any internet browser.
- Click the gear icon on the top-right to open the “Quick Settings” menu.
- Click “See all Settings” beneath the “Quick Settings” menu.
- Open the “Chat and Meet” tab from the checklist of tabs on the prime bar of the “Settings” menu.
- From right here, you’ll be able to select the choice “Hide the Meet section in the main menu” to disable “Meet” on the net platform of Gmail.
- Click “Save Changes” to avoid wasting your desire.
So, in the event you get aggravated with the “Meet” tab on the net and particularly within the apps, then observe the above steps to take away it out of your sight.