However, in the event you do not like this alteration and need Google Meet and Gmail to work as separate apps, there is a option to eliminate Meet in Gmail. Follow this information as we inform you the best way to take away the Google Meet tab out of your Gmail inbox. ‘
How to take away Google Meet tab from Gmail
Before we begin, you must know that not all customers can see the Google Meet tab within the Gmail app on their respective Android telephones or iPhones as a result of, as of now, the Google Meet tab is just showing for many who have paid G Suite account on their gadgets. However, in the event you’re utilizing Gmail on a pc browser, the Meet tab could be discovered on the left, sitting proper above Hangouts. Follow these steps to take away Google Meet from Gmail.
Remove Google Meet tab from Gmail app on Android and iOS
If you are utilizing the Gmail app in your Android telephone or iPhone, and also you wish to disable the Google Meet tab in your inbox, observe these steps.
- Open Gmail in your telephone > faucet the hamburger icon > go to Settings.
- Tap your e-mail deal with to go forward. You’ll must individually disable the Meet tab for every of your e-mail addresses, if in case you’ve got a number of accounts.
- Now, scroll down and find the Meet tab > uncheck Show the Meet tab for video calling.
- With this carried out, your Gmail app will revert to its previous design.
Remove Google Meet tab from Gmail for Web
Follow these steps to take away the Meet tab in Gmail for the online.
- On a pc, open Gmail > hit the cog icon to go to Settings > click on See all settings.
- Click Chat and Meet > allow Hide the Meet part in the primary menu.
- That’s it, you will not see the Meet tab residing over Hangouts anymore.
By following these easy steps, you may take away the Google Meet tab from Gmail and revert to its previous design.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Why are smartphone costs rising in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly expertise podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button beneath.