Disable Microsoft Teams Chat Integration in Windows 11 Taskbar (2021)
There are a number of methods to cover the brand new Microsoft Teams flyout from the taskbar. We have detailed all of the strategies, and you may go along with the one you’re comfy with. So with out additional delay, let’s try the steps concerned in hiding Microsoft Teams chat from the taskbar in Windows 11.
Hide Microsoft Teams Chat Icon Using Taskbar Context Menu
The best technique to conceal the brand new Chat integration within the Windows 11 taskbar is true from the taskbar itself. All it’s important to do is right-click the brand new Chat icon (purple icon with a video digital camera glyph) and select the “Hide from taskbar” possibility.
As you possibly can see within the picture under, the Chat icon ought to now be gone from the taskbar, and you may proceed having fun with all of the Windows 11 options identical to you used to.
Disable Microsoft Teams Chats Icon Using Taskbar Settings
1. Another technique to disable the Microsoft Teams Chat icon is from Taskbar Settings. Right-click wherever on the taskbar and select “Taskbar settings”.
2. You will now be taken to the taskbar settings web page. From right here, you possibly can disable the toggle for “Chat” below Taskbar objects to eliminate the Chat from Microsoft Teams function within the taskbar on Windows 11.
Remove Chat Icon from Taskbar Using Windows Settings App
You also can take away the brand new Chat icon from the taskbar by way of the Settings app. This technique seems much like the earlier one however might be useful for novice customers. So comply with the steps under to disable the Chat from Teams integration within the taskbar.
1. Open the Settings app, go to the “Personalization” tab from the left sidebar, and click on on “Taskbar”.
2. You can now disable the “Chat” toggle to disable the Microsoft Teams integration within the Windows 11 taskbar.
Disable Teams Chat Icon Using Group Policy Editor
If you favor disabling the function by way of group coverage editor, you are able to do that too. To try this, comply with the steps under:
1. Open Run utilizing the keyboard shortcut “Windows + R” and sort “gpedit.msc”. You will see an error in case you do this on Windows 11 Home. However, you possibly can comply with our information to allow Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home Edition, which works flawlessly on Windows 11 too.
2. When Group Policy Editor opens, click on on “Computer Configuration”.
3. Up subsequent, navigate to “Administrative Templates” from Computer Configuration.
4. You ought to now open the “Windows Components” setting from the following web page.
5. From the listing of things, double-click on “Chat” to configure the Chat from Microsoft Teams integration within the Windows 11 taskbar.
6. Now, click on on “Configures the Chat icon on the taskbar” to set the desire.
7. By default, you will notice the state as “Not configured”. Set it to Enabled and alter the state as “Disabled”. Hit Apply, shut the dialog field, and don’t forget to restart your Windows 11 PC.
Note: As the assistance field mentions, in case you immediately select “Disabled”, the function will work as per the defaults of the OS and is ready to be enabled by default.
Microsoft Teams Icon in Windows 11 Taskbar Seems Useful – Why Would Anyone Disable It?
Now that you understand how to disable Chat from the taskbar, no less than a few of you is likely to be questioning why somebody would disable this nifty chat function. After all, it seems neat and provides fast entry to chats, proper? Well, it does, however that’s the place issues get difficult. Let me clarify.
Microsoft is presently pitching the Chat integration within the Windows 11 taskbar as an unique function to Teams for Consumers. In different phrases, you will have a private Microsoft account to make use of this Chat function, and you may’t use it along with your work account. That may change sooner or later. But at this second, you may name this function a complicated commercial to push client adoption for Teams.
Regardless of how Microsoft desires Teams to be a platform for everybody, it’s, at its core, a workspace chat and video conferencing platform. In reality, individuals who use Teams often would understand how the default Teams ringtone reminds them of labor conferences or on-line courses. Microsoft including a flowery Chat pop-up is unlikely to vary the notion of the service amongst common customers, no less than for my part.
Then comes the community impact. For a consumer-focused service to succeed, it wants a strong userbase. This userbase comes both from early adopters, suggestions from friends, or somebody who’s genuinely curious to discover the service. Hence, in case you assume you possibly can’t persuade your family and friends to modify to Microsoft Teams for private chats, you’re higher off disabling this function. What do you assume? Let me know your ideas on consumer-focused Teams within the feedback.
Remove Microsoft Teams Chat Icon from Taskbar in Windows 11
That brings us to the tip of the article. We hope this tutorial helped you eliminate the brand new Chat function from Microsoft Teams within the taskbar in your Windows 11 PC. If you discovered this information useful, try our articles on customizing the taskbar in Windows 11, turning off notifications in Windows 11, and helpful Windows 11 keyboard shortcuts.