Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 to Access Your Desktop Faster
Having each a lock display screen and a login display screen is a careless implementation of the sign-in course of in Windows 10. So on this article, we are going to let you know learn how to disable the lock display screen to make your Windows 10 login expertise extra seamless. We will present you two methods to disable the Windows 10 lock display screen. Firstly, utilizing Windows Registry and secondly, utilizing Group Policy. So with none additional delay, let’s get began.
Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen Using Registry
- Firstly, open the Windows Registry Editor. To try this, seek for ‘regedit’ within the Windows Search Bar and click on on the primary consequence.
- In the Registry Editor window, use the left sidebar to navigate to the next key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows. Now right-click on the Windows folder and choose New -> Key.
- Name the brand new key ‘Personalization’ and hit Enter. Now right-click on the brand new Personalization key and choose New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name this key ‘NoLockdisplay screen‘ and press Enter. Then, right-click on NoLockdisplay screen and choose ‘Modify‘ to alter its worth.
- In the pop-up window, sort “1” within the hexadecimal ‘Value data’ subject (0=lock display screen enabled, 1=lock display screen disabled). Finally, click on on ‘OK‘ or hit Enter.
Restart your Windows 10 pc, and it’s best to not see the lock display screen whereas signing in. To re-enable the lock display screen at any time, change the DWORD worth to “0” by following the steps above.
Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen Using Group Policy
Group Policy Editor will not be accessible in Windows 10 Home, however you’ll be able to allow it simply by following our step-by-step information. Once you might have performed that, observe these steps to disable the lock display screen in Windows 10 utilizing Group Policy:
- Hit Windows key + R concurrently to open the Run dialog field (You can even seek for ‘Run’ within the Windows Search Bar). Now sort ‘gpedit.msc’ and hit Enter.
- In the Group Policy Editor window, navigate to the next path utilizing the left sidebar:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel -> Personalization. Then in the precise pane, double-click on the entry that claims ‘Do not show the lock display screen‘.
- In the pop-up window, choose ‘Enabled’ and click on on ‘OK‘ to show off the lock display screen in Windows 10.
Once you restart your pc, you’ll not must take care of the Windows 10 lock display screen. Just enter your password and get to work instantly.
Make Windows 10 Login Experience Seamless With This Neat Little Trick
The lock display screen reveals the date, time, climate, and app notifications, all of which you’ll entry out of your desktop in any case. What’s extra, Microsoft can even add the lock display screen information to the login display screen if it so desperately desires to indicate us all these particulars earlier than we even sign up. As it stands, the present method is each clumsy and pointless. So go forward, disable the lock display screen in your Windows 10 PC and tell us how that went.
As for among the different annoyances on Windows 10, you’ll be able to disable notifications and take away all adverts out of your PC. You can even disable the touchscreen in your PC in the event you don’t assume it provides a lot worth. Finally, to bolster your privateness, you’ll be able to disable location monitoring on Windows 10 and configure your browsers to faux your geo-location.