Now, there are a whole lot of Siri Shortcuts that you could find within the “Gallery” of the “Shortcuts” app. However, the “Social Media Downloader (SMD)” is a shortcut that received’t discover within the shortcuts gallery. And as it is a shortcut created by a third-party developer, you received’t be capable of add this shortcut to your “My Shortcuts” listing within the conventional manner.
How to Set Up “Shortcuts” App to Run SMD
So right here’s the right way to arrange the “Shortcuts” app to run the SMD shortcut.
- First, go to “Settings” in your system and discover “Shortcuts” within the system app listing.
- Enter the settings web page for “Shortcuts” and you will notice the title “Allow Untrusted Shortcuts”.
- Toggle the change to flip it on.
- Press “Allow” on the next immediate.
- Enter your system’s passcode and also you’re prepared.
Now that you’ve got arrange your “Shortcuts” app so as to add shortcuts from sources apart from the “Gallery”, comply with the steps beneath to obtain a YouTube video utilizing the shortcut.
How to Download YouTube Videos utilizing SMD
- First, get the “Social Media Downloader (SMD)” shortcut from this link.
- After including it, you’ll find the shortcut in your “My Shortcuts” part of the “Shortcuts” app.
- Now, go to the YouTube app and open the video you wish to obtain.
- Once the video opens up, discover the “Share” button and faucet it.
- Once the in-app share sheet comes up, slide to the left, and faucet the button with three dots. This will open up the system’s share sheet.
- In the system’s share sheet, scroll down a bit and you’ll discover a button titled “SMD 4.0.2”.
- Tap this button to begin your obtain.
- After some development, the shortcut will provide you with the choice to select your most popular video decision.
- Later within the obtain course of, the shortcut will ask your permission to ship sure information to some web sites. Press “OK” when the immediate comes up.
- After that, you’ll get the choice to “Save” the video or “Open in” any third-party app. Press “Save”.
- Once the video is totally downloaded, it’ll open up within the system media participant.
- Now, on this media participant, discover the “Share” button on the top-right nook.
- Tap it to open up the share sheet once more after which faucet “Save Video” to put it aside in your system.
- Go to the “Photos” app and you’ll find the downloaded video proper there.
So, this is among the best methods to obtain a YouTube video on an iPhone or an iPad. And it’s all because of Siri Shortcuts and the builders who created the “SMD” shortcut.
I hope this shortcut lets you obtain your favourite movies from YouTube and put it aside in your system. And if in case you have already used it, then you understand who to thank down within the feedback part.