Note: Screen Refresh charge is to not be confused with Touch Sampling charge. Click right here to be taught the distinction between the 2 applied sciences.
Enable 96Hz Refresh Rate on Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
Before we transfer ahead, let me make clear that you just don’t want root to allow this characteristic. All it’s a must to do is simply run a number of ADB instructions and you might be executed. Apart from that, the show on the Galaxy S20 collection helps 4 modes: 48Hz, 60Hz, 96Hz, and 120Hz. So you may swap to whichever mode you need, however I’d extremely advocate the 96Hz display refresh charge for placing the high quality stability between display smoothness and battery life. Now with all that mentioned, let’s transfer to the steps.
1. First of all, allow Developer Options in your Galaxy S20 collection. To achieve this, open Settings and navigate to About cellphone -> Software Information. Here, faucet on “Build number” seven occasions to activate the menu.
2. Now, Developer Settings will seem in Settings, just under the “About Phone” menu. Open it and allow “USB Debugging”.
3. Having executed that, join your smartphone to your laptop and arrange ADB. In case you don’t know something about ADB, simply observe our detailed tutorial on the way to set up ADB on Windows, macOS, Linux and Chrome OS. Finally, run
adb gadgets to examine in case your smartphone is correctly linked to the pc.
4. Now that you’ve got arrange ADB, execute the beneath instructions one after the other to allow 96Hz Screen Refresh Rate in your Galaxy S20 system. Keep in thoughts, the terminal won’t give any output.
adb shell settings put system peak_refresh_rate 96.0 adb shell settings put system min_refresh_rate 96.0
5. To examine when you’ve got efficiently moved to 96Hz refresh charge, open testufo.com on an internet browser. It will present you the present refresh charge which ought to hover round 96Hz.
6. To transfer again to 60Hz or 120Hz refresh charge, open Settings -> Display -> Motion smoothness -> select 60Hz or 120Hz. In case, the system setting just isn’t working then change 96 with 120 or 60 within the above ADB instructions and execute them one after the other. You will likely be again to the default display refresh charge in your Galaxy S20 system.
Reduce Screen Refresh Rate to 96Hz and Save Battery on Galaxy S20 Series
So that’s how one can entry the hidden 96Hz mode and allow it in your Galaxy S20 system. Frankly, I’d have cherished if Samsung supplied the 96Hz mode within the Settings menu itself together with 60Hz and 120Hz choices. It would have made a whole lot of sense: nearly the identical stage of smoothness with out affecting battery life. Anyway, you may go forward and alter the refresh charge to 96Hz manually. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you might be having any downside then remark down beneath and tell us.