With an official blog post, Google lately determined to re-enable a characteristic for its “Files” app known as the “Safe Folder”. The Mountain View-based firm was seen creating the personal folder earlier. However, the characteristic was pulled off even earlier than making its approach to the end-users.
So, the “Safe Folder” characteristic is fairly self-explanatory. It supplies you with a devoted folder in which you’ll be able to conceal your delicate images, movies, displays, and different information from prying eyes. The firm launched the characteristic as “in many places around the world, sharing a personal device with spouses, siblings or children is often a cultural expectation,”.
Now, the “Safe Folder” is accessible within the beta model of the “Files” app, as of now. However, the corporate plans to roll out the characteristic to end-users fairly quickly.
So, on this piece, I’m going to inform you how one can arrange your personal protected folder. And additionally how one can switch your information, photos, or movies from different folders of the app to the protected folder.
How to Set-up the “Safe Folder”
Now, take note, it is advisable get beta model 1.0.323 of the “Files” app through the Play Store Beta Program. Or you possibly can obtain it externally from APKmirror.
So, after putting in the stated model of the app, observe the steps beneath to arrange your “Safe Folder”.
- Launch the app in your machine by tapping the “Files” icon.
- From the underside menu-bar, faucet “Browse” to entry your synced folders.
- On this web page, you will discover a “Collections” part beneath which there will likely be a “Safe Folder” possibility.
- Tap on the “Safe Folder” and you’ll get to set a 4-digit PIN for the folder.
- Set your required PIN and voila! You’re all arrange.
Now, with the “Safe Folder” all arrange, now you can simply transfer your information from different folders to the protected one to forestall different customers from accessing them.
How to Move Files to the “Safe Folder”
So, right here’s how one can switch your information and media from different folders to the “Safe Folder”.
- Open the “Files” app and go to any folder from the “Browse” part.
- Choose a file that you just wish to transfer to the “Safe Folder”.
- Long press on the chosen file to enter the “selection mode”.
- Tap the “three-dot” button on the prime proper nook of the display screen to deliver up the pop-up menu.
- On this menu, Tap the “Move to Safe Folder” possibility to maneuver your file(s) to the “Safe Folder”.
And there you go, now you can conceal your information or retailer your delicate knowledge on this PIN code-protected folder. If you ever determine to take away any file from the “Safe Folder”, don’t fear about shedding it because the file will return to its authentic location.