Enable/Disable Startup Sound in Windows 10
In this tutorial, we are going to present you three distinct methods to allow startup sound in Windows 10. While the primary methodology is the simplest one (by way of Sound Settings) and could be completed in just a few easy clicks, the second is thru the Local Group Policy Editor. The third one, in the meantime, would require you to edit the Windows Registry (Regedit). So with out additional delay, let’s take a look at the 3 ways to allow or disable Windows startup sound in Windows 10.
Note: I’m utilizing Windows 10 for this demo, however the strategies detailed beneath will work in Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 as effectively.
Method 1: Using Sound Settings
- Right-click or press and maintain the ‘Volume’ icon on the bottom-right nook of your Windows Taskbar. Now click on or faucet on ‘Sounds’.
- In the Sound Settings menu, choose the checkbox subsequent to ‘Play Windows Startup Sound’. Now click on on ‘Apply’ or ‘OK’ in your change to take impact.
The subsequent time you turn in your Windows 10 pc, it can play your acquainted startup sound.
Method 2: Using Local Group Policy Editor
Note: The Local Group Policy Editor is barely obtainable within the Pro, Enterprise and Education editions in Windows 10.
- Firstly seek for ‘Run’ within the Windows Search Bar and select the Run choice from the outcomes.
- In the Run field, sort in
gpedit.mscand press Enter or click on on ‘OK’ to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the Group Policy Editor window, navigate to
Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesSystemLogonutilizing the left pane. On the precise pane, double-click on the choice that claims ‘Turn off Windows Startup sound’.
- In the resultant popup window, choose ‘Enabled’ or ‘Disabled’ primarily based in your alternative. Remember to click on on ‘Apply’ or ‘OK’ to save lots of your change.
That’s it. You have now efficiently turned on startup sound in your Windows 10 pc.
Method 3: Using Registry Editor (Regedit)
- Open the Registry Editor in your PC by trying to find ‘Regedit’ within the Windows Search Bar and selecting the plain choice.
- Within the left pane of the Registry Editor window, navigate to
- In the precise pane, right-click on the entry that claims ‘DisableStartupSound’ and from the popup menu, select ‘Modify’.
- The hexadecimal worth ought to be “0” for Enabled and “1” for Disabled. By default, it ought to be the latter in Windows 10. Make the change in line with your alternative. Finally, click on on ‘OK’ and shut the Regedit window.
That’s it. You now know three alternative ways to allow or disable startup sound in Windows 10. Your machine will now play a sound or tune of your alternative each time you hearth it up. You also can obtain a set of startup sounds from all variations of Windows from the Microsoft Store (free).
Enable/Disable Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10
Windows 10 doesn’t play a startup sound by default, however that doesn’t imply you may’t allow it in your pc. Of course, you may also disable it any time by going by means of the identical course of in the event you don’t like to listen to the chime each time you turn on. Meanwhile, since Windows 10 is your platform of alternative, you also needs to take a look at some Windows 10 ideas and tips, how you can use God Mode in Windows 10 and how you can use PowerToys on Windows 10 to get the perfect out of your pc.