Enable Phone Hub on Chromebooks Right Now (2021)
Before we start, let me make clear that you simply don’t want to maneuver to both Beta or Dev channel to get a style of Phone Hub on Chromebook. Just be sure to are on the most recent Chrome OS 89 (or increased) steady channel and you’re good to go. Apart from that, to make use of Phone Hub, you want an Android smartphone. iOS compatibility isn’t on the roadmap but. Finally, you have to log in with the identical Google account on each your smartphone and Chromebook.
1. First and foremost, open Chrome and kind
chrome://flags within the deal with bar, and hit enter. It will open the Chrome Flags web page in your Chromebook.
2. Now, seek for “phone hub” and allow the flag from the drop-down menu. You also can paste
chrome://flags/#enable-phone-hub into the deal with bar and hit enter to immediately open the Phone Hub flags web page.
3. Once you could have enabled it, click on on “Restart” on the bottom-right nook.
4. After your Chromebook restarts, one can find a smartphone icon on the Chrome OS shelf simply left to the Quick Settings panel. Open it and click on on “Get Started“.
5. Finally, you can be taken to the setup web page the place you’ll be able to add your Android system that can be synced with the Chromebook. As you’ll be able to see, you’ll get smartphone notifications in your Chromebook and you’ll carry out operations like enabling the hotspot, putting in apps remotely, discovering your cellphone, and extra. Simply choose your system from the drop-down menu and click on on “Accept and Continue”.
6. That’s it. You will now discover all of your smartphone stuff below this menu and you’ll handle nearly the whole lot in your smartphone proper from the Chromebook.
7. In case, you could have already arrange a smartphone then one can find the choice to allow Phone Hub in your Chromebook below Settings -> Connected Devices -> Your Android Smartphone -> Enable the toggle for Phone Hub.
8. If the above steps didn’t work then I’d suggest you to disconnect the prevailing smartphone out of your Chromebook. After that, allow the flag and begin afresh.
9. Lastly, you’ll be able to attempt updating the Google Play Services of your Android smartphone to the beta construct. You can set up Play Services Info (Free) app to open the Play Services web page on Play Store. After that, be part of the beta program and replace the app. Now, go forward and allow the Phone Hub Flag in your Chromebook and test whether or not it’s working or not. If the beta program is full then you’ll be able to obtain the APK from here.
Receive Smartphone Notifications With Phone Hub on Chromebook
So that’s how one can allow Phone Hub on Chromebooks, irrespective of which channel you’re presently enrolled into. As I discussed above, I’m on Chrome OS 89 steady channel, and nonetheless, Phone Hub is working for me. It appears Google has broadened the A/B testing to extra customers, and that’s actually good.
So I’d request you to go forward and check out your luck. Anyway, that’s all from us. For extra such Chrome OS ideas and tips, like enabling Trash (Recycle Bin) on a Chromebook, comply with our linked article. And if you’re dealing with any points, then remark down beneath and tell us.