Enable Picture-in-Picture Mode in Chrome Desktop
The strategies described beneath work on all comparatively new variations of Google Chrome, together with the most recent steady channel, Chrome 87. The characteristic was added to Chrome v70, however remains to be hidden behind a flag. That mentioned, the strategy to allow the operate is so much simpler as we speak than it was three years again if you needed to allow a number of flags to get it executed. So as we speak, we’ll talk about how one can allow Picture-in-Picture mode in Google Chrome on desktop.
Method 1: Using Built-in PiP Mode
The built-in PiP mode in Google Chrome is straightforward to allow and works like a attraction on most websites. Here’s easy methods to do it:
- Open Chrome. Then kind
chrome://flagswithin the browser’s deal with bar and Hit Enter. Now seek for the
Global Media Controls Picture-in-Pictureflag within the Flags search field.
- The setting will possible be ‘Default’. Click on that button and from the drop-down menu, select ‘Enabled’. Now restart Chrome.
- Go to YouTube and begin taking part in any video. Now double right-click on the video to entry the hidden menu that can give you the ‘Picture in Picture’ possibility.
- You can now use the PiP mode on YouTube and drag the video window to any aside of the display.
Method 2: Using an Extension
The built-in picture-in-picture mode for Google Chrome works effectively on some websites, like YouTube, however doesn’t work on different video sharing websites like Dailymotion. This is precisely the place it’s best to use the ‘Picture-in-Picture Extension’ for Google Chrome. It is created by Google itself and, works on most websites I examined, together with Dailymotion. To use it, set up the Picture-in-Picture extension (free). Now go to a video web site, like YouTube, Dailymotion, or another, and begin taking part in a video.
- Now click on on the media controls icon on the top-right nook and click on on the PiP icon to come out a video. You may also press Alt+P on Windows or Option+P on Mac concurrently for a similar impact.
- Once you do both of the above, the video will play in a separate window that may be dragged to any a part of the display and resized to your alternative.
- You can click on on the “X” on the top-right nook of the participant (seen if you hover your mouse cursor over the video) to return it to the unique tab.
Multitask by Using Picture-in-Picture Mode in Google Chrome
Do observe that PiP on Chrome solely works for one video at a time, whether or not you employ the built-in mode or the picture-in image extension. If you allow PiP on a second video whereas one other one is already taking part in, the second will merely substitute the older one. Be that as it might, that is nonetheless a cool solution to multitask on the web.
So the subsequent time you’re within the temper to catch a recreation whereas working in your dissertation, allow Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode on Google Chrome and multitask like a professional. Meanwhile, since Google Chrome is your browser of alternative, you must also try our articles on Google Chrome suggestions, Chrome settings it’s best to change, and easy methods to change the default search engine in Chrome, to get probably the most out of this unimaginable browser.