Extend C Drive Space on Windows 10 Natively
Here, we are going to learn to lengthen the storage of C Drive on our Windows 10 laptop. We are utilizing the native Windows software — Disk Management — to extend the area of C Drive. As on your recordsdata and folders, be assured, no knowledge shall be misplaced through the course of. But earlier than we transfer forward, let me provide you with a short overview of how we’re going to lengthen the C Drive storage.
First of all, you may solely lengthen the amount of C Drive if the closest drive (which is D) is empty and unallocated. You can’t lengthen the C Drive storage from E or F or the following drive. So what you have to do is both transfer your D drive recordsdata to different drives like E or F and so forth. In case, you don’t have obtainable area on any of the drives then again up D Drive recordsdata to an exterior laborious disk. Simply put, again up recordsdata from D drive and maintain it empty as a result of we’re going to merge it with C drive.
1. Right-click on the Windows Start Menu and open “Disk Management”.
2. I’m assuming that you’ve got made a again up of all of your recordsdata from D Drive. Now, right-click on D Drive and click on on “Delete Volume”. It will format the partition and make it an unallocated partition.
3. Next, right-click on the C drive partition and choose “Extend Volume”.
Note: If the “Extend Volume” choice is greyed out then you’ll have to use a third-party software. We have talked about all of the directions within the subsequent part. However, earlier than going forward, right-click on the unallocated partition and select “New Simple Volume”. After that, maintain clicking on “Next” and create a brand new drive. You can use this partition within the subsequent part.
4. A pop-up window will open up. Keep clicking on “Next” and at last click on on “Finish”.
5. Finally, your C Drive shall be merged and cupboard space shall be elevated immediately. So that is how one can lengthen C drive area on Windows 10.
Extend C Drive Space with AOMEI Partition Assistant
In the above part, we merged the entire D Drive with C Drive. However, if you wish to add simply 10 or 20 GB or no matter a part of storage from D or some other drives then you should utilize AOMEI Partition Assistant (Download). It’s a third-party partition supervisor that comes with a broad vary of options. Keep in thoughts, even this fashion, you have to again up all of your recordsdata simply to be on the secure facet of issues.
Further, if the native methodology didn’t work above then I might advocate you undergo this methodology. Sometimes, the “Extend Volume” choice for C Drive is greyed out in Disk Management. So in that case, you should utilize AOMEI Partition Assistant.
1. Right-click on any drive that has obtainable storage and choose “Resize/Move Partition”. In case, you’re coming from the above part then select the brand new partition that you just created earlier by means of easy quantity.
2. Next, utilizing the slider, select how a lot reminiscence you need to maintain within the present drive and click on on the “Ok” button. For instance, I’ve saved approx 800GB from 821GB which implies I’m taking out 21GB from the present drive. I need to merge this 21GB with C Drive. You can select your individual cupboard space.
3. Next, right-click on the newly-formed drive having a storage of 21GB (in my case) and choose “Merge Partitions”. By the way in which, this partition known as the unallocated drive.
4. Here, choose “C:” drive and the unallocated drive from the listing and click on on the “Ok” button.
5. Finally, click on on the “Apply” button on the top-left nook after which click on on the “Proceed” button to make all of the modifications. Keep in thoughts, it’s going to take as much as 20-30 minutes to finish the entire course of. It will restart the pc a number of instances. If you find yourself with any error then don’t fear. Simply restart your laptop and you’ll boot again to your PC.
6. Finally, the C Drive shall be prolonged with none knowledge loss. So that’s how one can improve C Drive area on Windows 10 utilizing the AOMEI Partition Assistant.
Increase C Drive Partition in Two Easy Ways
So that’s how one can increase the storage of C Drive utilizing the 2 strategies talked about above. While the Windows methodology is easy and simple, typically customers complain that it doesn’t work as a result of “greyed out Extend option”. Nevertheless, in such a case, you should utilize AOMEI Partition Assistant which works extremely properly. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you discovered the article useful or in case you are going through some issues then do remark down under and tell us. We will certainly attempt that can assist you out. Also, if you wish to learn to velocity up Windows 10 then comply with our linked article.