Hide Apps on Android Devices (Updated July 2020)
Of late, Android skins are delivery with a local means to cover apps. You don’t want root or must disable the apps to cover your essential apps on Android. Here, now we have talked about the native strategies wherever relevant and a generic methodology for all Android gadgets. You can undergo the steps from the hyperlink under.
- Hide Apps on OnePlus Android Devices
- Hide Apps on Xiaomi (Mi/Redmi/POCO) Android Devices
- Hide Apps on Realme Android Devices
- Hide Apps on Samsung Android Devices
- Hide Apps on Any Android Device Using Launcher
- Hide Apps Without Changing Launcher
- Hide Apps on Rooted Smartphones
Remove Apps from App Drawer
1. Hide Apps on OnePlus Android Devices
1. Swipe up from the house display screen to open the launcher menu. Now, swipe proper and a “Hidden Space” will open up. Here, press the “+” button.
2. Now, choose the apps that you just need to cover in your Android system. You may faucet on the 3-dot menu and allow a password to entry the hidden apps.
2. Hide Apps on Xiaomi Devices (Mi/Redmi/Poco)
1. Open Settings and transfer to Apps -> App Lock.
2. Next, swipe left and transfer to the “Hidden Apps” part positioned on high. Here, allow the toggle for the apps that you just need to cover. That’s it.
3. Hide Apps on Realme Android Devices
1. Open Settings and transfer to Privacy -> App Lock.
2. Now set a privateness passcode in case you have not performed that already.
3. Now, faucet on the app that you just need to cover (I’m hiding Photos app for this instance) and allow the toggle for password verification. Once you do this, an choice for hiding the homescreen icon will reveal itself. Just allow the toggle and you’ll be performed.
4. Hide Apps on Samsung Devices
1. Swipe as much as open the App Drawer and faucet on the 3-dot menu positioned on the top-right nook. Here, open Home display screen settings.
2. Move to the “Hide App” menu. Here, choose the apps that you just need to cover and faucet on “Done”. You are performed.
5. Hide Apps on Any Android Device (Stock Android, Motorola, Asus, Pixel, LG)
If you don’t have a local function to cover apps in your Android system then you’ll have to use a third-party launcher. Here, we’re going to present you the best way to cover apps utilizing Lawnchair. That stated, have in mind, it’s not a surefire resolution as anybody can invoke the app from the Play Store app. So to absolutely guard the hidden apps, you must also use an App Locker in your Android system. Having stated all of that, let’s now undergo the steps.
1. First of all, obtain Lawnchair (Free) and set up it in your Android system.
2. Next, faucet and maintain on the house display screen and open “Home Settings”. Now, transfer to the “Drawer” part.
3. Here, faucet on “Hidden App Shortcuts” and choose the apps that you just need to cover. Instantly, these chosen apps will likely be hidden out of your Android system. That’s fairly easy, proper?
6. Hide Apps Without Changing Launcher
If you don’t need to change your launcher to cover apps then you need to use an ingenious approach to disguise the app within the app drawer. You can merely change the icon picture to a typical app (like Calculator or Dialer app) in order that nobody can get a whiff of your app. This manner, the app will likely be there within the app drawer however hidden in plain sight. Here is how you are able to do it.
1. Download X Icon Changer (Free) and set up it.
2. Now, choose the app and select an icon from its library and faucet the “Ok” button. It will now change the icon picture from the app drawer.
Note: If you’re operating Android 9 or 10 then it may possibly’t change the icon picture within the app drawer. Instead, it should create a brand new shortcut on your private home display screen with a brand new picture. If you need to cover apps on Android 9/10 then you will have root and yow will discover the steps under.
7. Hide Apps on Android Devices [Root Required]
1. First of all, set up Hide App (Free) and on the primary run, grant the root permission.
2. Next, faucet on the “+” button and choose the app that you just need to cover. After that, faucet on the “Hide” button.
3. Now, open the default launcher and also you received’t discover the blocked app. In truth, the app will change into unaccessible from the Play Store as nicely. For instance, right here you’ll be able to’t discover the Netflix app.
Keep Your Apps Away from Prying Eyes
So that’s how one can cover apps on Android gadgets. We have talked about steps for various Android gadgets and in addition a generic methodology that applies to all Android gadgets. I’d say in case your smartphone ships with a local hidden app function then use it absolutely to your benefit. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you’re dealing with any downside then remark down under and tell us.