Run AppImage Programs on Chromebook
There are two methods to run AppImage applications on Chromebook. You can both use a Linux file supervisor to run this system or use the Terminal. The first methodology is barely prolonged, however it’s very handy after getting arrange all the pieces. The latter methodology is, nevertheless, a fast technique to run AppImage applications, however you’ll have to fiddle with instructions. Anyway, right here I’m displaying each the strategies so you’ll be able to decide one simply.
Using the Linux File Manager
1. There are many file managers for Linux, however I might suggest Nautilus. It’s easy and works fairly effectively. So first off, set up the Nautilus file supervisor by operating the under command on the Terminal.
sudo apt-get set up nautilus
2. Once you’ve completed that, open the Chrome OS launcher and search for the Linux apps folder. It often sits on the primary web page. Now, open the “Files” app. This is the Nautilus file supervisor that we simply put in.
3. After that, obtain the AppImage program and transfer it to the “Linux files” part. You can accomplish that from the default “Files” app of Chrome OS.
4. Now, open the Linux recordsdata app (Nautilus) and right-click on the AppImage program. After that, click on on “Properties”.
5. Move to the “Permissions” tab and allow the “Execute” checkbox. Now, the AppImage program is able to be executed.
6. Finally, double-click on the AppImage program and voila, there you’ve it. The AppImage program runs identical to that on Chromebook. Now onwards, you don’t must do all these steps. Just double-click and this system will open up. For new applications, comply with the directions from step #3.
1. If you need to shortly run an AppImage program on Chromebook then the Linux Terminal is the easiest way to do it. First of all, transfer the AppImage program to the “Linux recordsdata” part utilizing the Files app.
2. Next, copy the complete title of the file together with the
.AppImage extension. You can even rename it to one thing shorter so to simply kind it on the Terminal.
3. Now, open the Linux Terminal and kind
chmod a+x. After that, give an area and paste the file title that you just copied above. It will look one thing like this. Now, hit enter and it’ll make this system executable. Note that, it gained’t output something.
chmod a+x Shotcut-200412.glibc2.14-x86_64.AppImage
4. Having completed that, now enter
./ and paste this system title once more with none house. Here is the way it will look.
5. Finally, hit enter and the AppImage utility will run immediately on Chromebook. Now onwards, you’ll have to simply repeat step #4 to run this system. For new applications although, you’ll have to make it executable first by following step #3.
Use AppImage Programs on Chromebook Just Like That
So that’s how one can set up AppImage applications on Chromebook. We have supplied two strategies and each are straightforward and simple. However, if you’re not effectively acquainted with the Terminal then the primary methodology could be my suggestion. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you need to uncover the very best Linux apps for Chromebook then undergo the linked article. You can even click on on the hyperlink to study extra Chrome OS ideas and tips.