Facebook has obtained extra privateness options underneath the hood than what meets the eyes. Whether it’s eradicating the third-party app entry, deleting the Off-Activity, or enabling two-factor authentication for an additional layer of safety, the social networking app has an honest armory of privateness instruments. Another notable privateness characteristic that a lot of you could not find out about is the power to lock your Facebook profile. It prevents anybody (aside from your Facebook buddies) from taking a peek at your private particulars. If you aren’t conscious of the way it works, let me present how one can lock your Facebook profile on iPhone, Android, or the online.
Lock Facebook Profile on iOS, Android, and Desktop
Depending in your system, you’ll be able to navigate to the correct step from the desk beneath:
What Happens When You Lock Your Facebook Profile?
The “Lock Profile” characteristic is designed to defend your private data from individuals who aren’t your folks. Once you activate this characteristic, a lock icon will seem in your profile, confirming that you’ve chosen to lock your profile. Visting customers will solely see a restricted quantity of particulars in your Facebook profile.
- When the profile lock is enabled, solely your folks are allowed to view the photographs and posts in your timeline.
- Only your folks can see your full-size profile photograph and canopy photograph.
- People you aren’t buddies with might be allowed to view a most of 5 profile particulars.
- Only your folks will be capable of view your tales.
- Any posts which you had shared prior to now to the Public will change to Friends.
- Timeline assessment and tag assessment might be enabled.
- Only a portion of your About information might be seen to everybody in your profile.
Lock Facebook Profile on iPadOS/ iOS and Android
- Open the Facebook app and head over to your Facebook profile. Now, faucet on the tiny three dots icon proper subsequent to your profile photograph.
2. Next, select the ‘Lock Profile’ choice.
3. Now, you need to see an evidence for a way the profile locking works on Facebook. Tap on ‘Lock your profile’ to substantiate and safe your profile towards nosy customers.
Customize Privacy Settings to Secure Your Facebook Profile on the Web
Unlike the cell model, the online model of the social networking service doesn’t provide an easy solution to lock your Facebook profile. However, you may have management over who can see your posts, view what others submit in your profile, controls the posts you’re tagged in, and conceal feedback containing sure phrases.
- Go to facebook.com in your laptop and log in to your account.
2. Now, click on on the menu icon (downward arrow) on the top-right nook and select ‘Settings & privateness’.
3. Next, click on on Privacy Checkup.
4. Under the ‘Privacy Checkup’ tab, you’ll be able to customise your Facebook privateness settings in step with your wants.
Besides, it’s also possible to head into the Privacy Shortcuts part (Menu -> Privacy shortcuts) to fine-tune all the things as per your wants. The ‘Lock Profile’ characteristic is proscribed to sure gadgets and nations in the meanwhile. We have no idea when will probably be accessible on the internet. Until then, you should use the aforementioned methodology or Facebook app to safeguard your profile towards stalkers.
Lock Your Facebook Profile to Keep Stalkers at Bay
So, that’s how one can lock your Facebook profile to forestall anybody from viewing your private particulars. If you don’t need strangers or individuals you aren’t buddies with to search out out what you’re as much as, you need to deliver on the lock to defend your photographs, movies, and different data you share. By the way in which, what’s your tackle this privateness characteristic of Facebook? Share your ideas with us within the feedback beneath. Also, in case you are not proud of the service, take a look at our favourite Facebook alternate options by clicking on the hyperlink.