Lock Individual Notes in Apple Notes on Mac and iPhone
Most of us save delicate info within the Apple Notes app. And whereas the app is safe, including an additional layer of safety for extra-sensitive info is all the time warranted. To enable customers to guard their information, Apple launched a brand new characteristic that lets customers lock particular person notes. I’ve divided this text into two sections for exhibiting the totally different steps on Mac and iPhone. You can click on on the hyperlink under to modify to the part you need.
Protect Notes on Mac by Locking Apple Notes
The steps to lock your notes on any gadget are simple. Note that, though you’ll be locking notes individually, it’s a must to set the password just one time. Once you set the password, all of the notes are locked utilizing the identical password. And in case your Mac helps Touch ID, you may unlock them utilizing it. Okay, with that mentioned, let’s get to our tutorial.
1. Launch the Notes and choose the be aware that you just wish to lock.
2. We will begin by setting a password for the lock. First, click on on the lock icon after which click on on “Lock Note”.
3. Then fill the password fields with the password you wish to preserve and click on on “Set Password”.
4. You will see that the be aware continues to be seen. Apple routinely lock notes after a interval of inactivity. If you wish to manually lock notes, click on on the lock icon once more and choose “Close All Locked Notes”.
5. Another solution to lock a be aware is by swiping right-to-left on a be aware with two-fingers and click on on the lock icon.
6. This is how locked notes look when they’re locked. You should enter the password or confirm with Touch ID to unlock them.
Lock Notes on iPhone and iPad
There are a number of methods for locking notes in your iPhone and iPad. I’ve defined all of them under.
1. To lock a be aware, swipe right-to-left on a be aware, and faucet on the lock icon.
2. Another approach of locking a be aware is through the use of the haptic-touch menu. Long-press on a be aware, and choose the “Lock Note” possibility.
3. The last technique that you need to use to lock a be aware can also be simple. Just open the be aware you wish to lock, click on on the share icon, and faucet on the “Lock Note” possibility.
Note: When you employ any of the above strategies to lock your notes for the primary time, it can ask you to enter a password for locking notes.
4. If you wish to change your locked notes password, go to Settings -> Notes -> Password and reset the password.
Note: You can create totally different passwords for notes saved in your iPhone and those saved on iCloud.
Protect Private Notes by Locking Them Behind a Password
So that’s how one can lock particular person notes in Apple Notes app behind a password. I like this characteristic together with the Apple Notes sharing characteristic on a regular basis. These two options have made Apple Notes so significantly better. Do you lock your notes? Let us know within the feedback under.