Exclude a Folder or Disk from Spotlight Search on Mac
Spotlight desire encompasses a privateness tab the place you possibly can specify all of the folders which you want to exclude from the search in your Mac. Once you might have chosen the folders, it would not carry out a search in these places. Thus, your private recordsdata or something that you’ve saved inside will stay out of sight.
Well, when you ever occur to vary your thoughts, you possibly can dive into the identical privateness setting and take away these recordsdata to re-index them within the Spotlight search. With that mentioned, let’s get began with the fast steps!
- To get going, click on on the Apple menu on the high left nook of the display screen and select System Preferences. Besides, it’s also possible to launch the System Preferences app.
2. Now, click on on the Spotlight icon.
3. Next, click on on the Privacy tab.
4. Next up, click on on the “+” button.
5. Finally, choose any folder/exterior drive which you not wish to be listed within the Spotlight search outcomes. Alternately, you possibly can merely drag and drop folders straight into the window.
Going ahead, Spotlight received’t carry out a search within the specified location.
If you ever wish to re-index these folders, return to the Spotlight setting, after which choose the folder from the record. After that, click on on the “-” button to verify.
Prevent Spotlight from Searching Specific Folder on Mac
There you go! So, that’s the way in which you possibly can defend a few of your personal folders from being uncovered by Spotlight search. As I at all times favor to maintain a few of my private stuff away from the prying eyes, I discover this function extraordinarily useful. And I feel you could respect it in equal measure when you additionally wish to safeguard your recordsdata.
Have you discovered this text useful? Shoot your ideas within the feedback. Also, take a peek at these equally helpful macOS guides like utilizing new battery settings on Mac, tremendous cool iMessage results, and iOS-style management heart, if you’re prepared to discover extra hacks.