Record and Transcribe Audio in Microsoft Word
Before we get to the steps, there are a couple of notable factors that it’s best to bear in mind:
- The transcription characteristic in Microsoft Word is barely out there to premium prospects who’ve opted for a paid Microsoft 365 plan.
- Currently, you may transcribe audio recordings in Microsoft Word solely within the English language.
- The characteristic is barely out there on the net model of Microsoft Word. It’s slotted to launch on Office Mobile by the tip of the 12 months. As for the offline MS Word app, there is no such thing as a phrase on the timing of its launch.
- You can collectively add no more than 5 hours of audio in a single month. Also, an audio file should not be bigger than 200MB.
- Currently, Transcribe in Microsoft Word helps .mp3, .wav, .m4a, and .mp4 recordsdata.
Transcribe Audio in Microsoft Word
1. Open office.com on an online browser and register along with your Microsoft account. After that, create a Word file.
2. Under the “Home” part, you can find the “Dictate” choice within the far-right nook. Click on the arrow subsequent to it and choose “Transcribe”.
3. A mini pane will open up on the best facet. Here, you may both add an audio file or file straight utilizing Microsoft Word.
4. Now, Microsoft Word will begin transcribing the audio file utilizing Azure Cognitive Services which is its AI platform within the cloud.
5. After some time, you’ll have the transcription on the best pane. The better part is that its AI service is ready to distinguish totally different voices which assist in separating the transcription beneath a number of audio system.
6. Now, you may merely click on on “Add all to doc” and the transcription will transfer to your fundamental Word file. You may also play the audio and edit out something that isn’t in place.
Audio Transcription Available in Microsoft Word
So that’s how one can file and transcribe audio in Microsoft Word. At current, the service is on the market solely on the internet model, however I count on Microsoft to deliver this sought-after characteristic to native apps too. Also, it may have been higher if Microsoft provided audio transcription characteristic to free customers with a shorter time restrict.
Still the addition of this new characteristic is welcomed and it places the Microsoft phrase a notch above its options. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you discovered the article useful then do remark down under and tell us.