Transcribe Voice Notes in Microsoft Office Mobile (2021)
According to Microsoft, the brand new voice notes characteristic is accessible on the Office Mobile app for Android, operating model 16.0.14026.20096 or later. And the gadget language needs to be set as English (United States). I attempted the characteristic on Office Mobile model 16.0.14131.20036. So let’s see how the voice notes characteristic works.
Steps to Access Microsoft Office Mobile’s Voice Notes Tool
1. Open the Microsoft Office app (Free, with in-app purchases) in your Android gadget and faucet on the “+” button current on the heart of the underside navigation bar.
2. When the pop-up menu seems, select “Voice” beneath the Quick Capture part. This possibility will take you to the voice recording interface.
3. When you might be within the recording UI, press the microphone icon on the backside to begin a brand new voice recording.
4. When you might be within the recording interface, you will note the transcription of your speech in real-time. You can faucet on the microphone icon once more to pause or press “Done” to finish the voice recording.
5. Microsoft will now save your voice recording to your OneDrive account. You also needs to notice that you simply want an energetic web connection for dwell transcription to work as meant. However, you’re going to get transcription after you sync the recording to OneDrive. That is in contrast to the Google Recorder app, the place the transcription works offline as nicely.
Edit Transcribed Text in Office Mobile
In case Office Mobile has incorrectly predicted a few of the phrases within the transcription, you may manually make corrections. Here’s how:
1. Open a voice recording and faucet on the “Edit” button current on the backside left nook of the display screen.
2. You can now edit the transcription and hit “Done” to avoid wasting the adjustments. In case you might be questioning, eradicating particular parts of the textual content is not going to erase the corresponding audio from the recorded file.
Share Transcribed Text or Voice Notes with Others
You can share the voice recording as an audio file or export the transcription to a Word doc. Here’s the right way to get began:
1. From the voice recording interface, press the “Share” button on the backside proper nook.
2. You will now see the choice to export or share the file. If you need the transcription as a Word doc, faucet on “Word doc“. On the subsequent web page, faucet “Yes” to substantiate.
3. Similarly, if you’re thinking about sharing the audio file, faucet on “Audio file” and press “Share as link” to generate the entry hyperlink for the voice notice. You can even invite folks to entry the file by including their electronic mail addresses within the “Invite people to this file” textbox.
4. Before producing the hyperlink, you may select to permit edit entry or set the file as view-only. Choose any of those choices, and you can be taken to the share sheet to share the hyperlink. Others can then open the hyperlink to entry the recording.
Record Voice Notes with Transcription on Microsoft Office
So, that’s how you should utilize Microsoft’s latest instrument to seize and share voice notes with transcription on cellular gadgets. If you’re a Microsoft 365 subscriber, Microsoft says this characteristic can even partition and transcribe the enter from completely different audio system primarily based on their id. Try out the characteristic and tell us your expertise within the feedback.