Unpair and Reset Apple Watch Using iPhone
The most fool-proof method to manufacturing unit reset your Apple Watch is through the use of the ‘Watch’ app in your iPhone. Here’s what that you must do.
- In the Watch app in your iPhone, faucet in your watch’s identify. Next, faucet on the “ⓘ” icon.
- Tap on ‘Unpair Apple Watch‘ and ensure your selection.
- You will now need to enter your Apple ID password with a purpose to disable the Activation Lock from the Watch. Once you’ve entered the password, faucet on ‘Unpair’ within the top-right of the display.
That’s it. Once you’ve achieved that, your Apple Watch will begin taking a backup if its knowledge in your iPhone after which reset itself to manufacturing unit settings. This whole course of can take a while. Once the method is full, you possibly can re-pair the watch to your iPhone if you would like, or you possibly can promote it, or hand it all the way down to somebody.
Reset Apple Watch Directly from the Watch
If, you’re merely trying to reset your Apple Watch with a purpose to pair it once more with your individual iPhone, you don’t must disable the Activation Lock because you’ll be utilizing it with the identical Apple ID. Here’s how to do this:
- Open ‘Settings‘ in your Apple Watch and faucet on ‘General‘.
- Here, go to ‘Reset‘. Tap on ‘Erase All Contents and Settings’. You might must enter your passcode.
Your Apple Watch will now reset to manufacturing unit settings and you may set it up along with your iPhone once more.
Unpair Apple Watch After Reset
If you’ve reset your Apple Watch instantly from the watch itself, and also you want to give it away to another person, you’ll need to disable the Activation Lock in any other case the watch won’t pair with one other iPhone. Here’s what that you must do:
- Go to iCloud in your laptop computer or desktop laptop and sign up along with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on ‘Account Settings‘
- Under My Devices, choose your Apple Watch.
- Click on the ‘X’ subsequent to your watch to take away it out of your iCloud account after which click on on ‘Remove’.
You can now safely hand-over your Apple Watch to another person.
Reset Your Apple Watch and Get a Fresh Start
Personally, I’ve reset my Apple Watch solely twice — as soon as as a result of I had stuffed it an excessive amount of with third occasion apps and I didn’t wish to undergo the ache of uninstalling all of them, and the opposite time for this text to take the required screenshots. So yeah, there can be instances whenever you may wish to reset your Apple Watch, and now you recognize how one can go about it. Just remember the fact that if you happen to don’t wish to lose your Apple Watch knowledge, it’s best to at all times unpair it utilizing your iPhone. Otherwise your knowledge won’t be backed up.