Restrict Hard Drive Access to Local Accounts on Windows 10 (2021)
1. First of all, press the “Windows” key as soon as and sort
gpedit and open “Edit Group Policy” from the search end result. If Group Policy just isn’t displaying up in your PC then you’re likely working Windows 10 Home. You can learn how to allow Group Policy on Windows 10 Home.
2. Next, underneath “User Configuration”, click on on “Administrative Templates” after which develop the “Windows Components” folder.
3. Now, underneath “Windows Components”, search for “File Explorer” and open it. On the suitable pane, seek for “Prevent access to drives from My Computer”.
4. Double-click on it and a brand new window will open up. Here, click on on “Enabled” and select “Restrict all drives” from the drop-down menu. Finally, click on on “OK” and you’re executed. No have to restart the pc.
5. Just change to a different consumer account and attempt to open the onerous drive. You will get this error. You have now efficiently restricted onerous drive entry to native accounts on Windows 10.
6. To permit onerous drive entry from all consumer accounts, you simply want to alter the setting to “Not Configured”. After that, click on on “OK” and that’s it.
Block Access to Hard Drive on Windows 10
So that’s how one can prohibit onerous drive entry to native accounts on Windows 10. I examined the characteristic on Windows 10 Insider Preview and it labored fairly properly. In case, you wish to prohibit a particular drive then you may select that underneath the drop-down menu. Anyway, that’s all from us. For extra such Windows 10 ideas and methods, you may undergo our linked article. And you probably have any questions then tell us within the remark part beneath.