- Go to the Income Tax e-filing website’s Higher Security webpage. You can discover this below the Profile Settings tab > e-Filing Vault – Higher Security.
- Now you’ll see two headings — Login with Higher Security Options that allows you to add an additional layer of safety whereas logging in and Lock Reset Password Options that stops altering the password with out an additional layer of authentication.
- Under Login with Higher Security Options, choose the choice you wish to allow. We selected Login by way of Net-Banking for this tutorial. You can also select from Login utilizing Aadhaar OTP, Login utilizing DSC (digital signature certificates), Login utilizing Bank Account EVC (digital verification code), and Login utilizing Demat EVC.
- Once you test that possibility, click on Proceed.
- Now you will note a pop-up describing the safety technique. Click Ok.
- You’ll be again to the web page in step 3. Click Proceed once more.
- The subsequent web page will ask you to substantiate your authentication technique. Click Confirm.
This will allow the additional step of authentication to your account. When you log within the subsequent time you can be requested to make use of the second issue of authentication after you enter your revenue tax e-filing credentials. For internet banking based mostly logins, you want to go to your financial institution’s internet banking portal and discover the revenue tax e-filing possibility. When you choose the choice labelled one thing like “E-file your income tax return”, you’ll be capable to entry your e-filing account. This step varies based mostly on the tactic of authentication you select. The DSC technique seems to be essentially the most safe because it helps you to create a USB token to log in. Detailed directions on how one can use it may be discovered on the IT division’s Help page > How to > How to Register DSC.
How to lock password reset on revenue tax e-filing web site
It’s simple to lock password resets on the IT division’s e-filing web site. Follow these steps.
- Go to the Income Tax e-filing website’s Higher Security webpage.
- Scroll all the way down to Lock Reset Password Options.
- Resetting your password by way of internet banking is at all times enabled. However, you’ll be able to forestall resets by way of different strategies equivalent to Using Aadhaar OTP, Upload DSC, Using Bank Account EVC, and Using Demat EVC. We tried Using Aadhaar OTP for this tutorial. Check the choice you want to select and click on Proceed.
- The subsequent step is only a affirmation pop-up. Here click on Generate Aadhaar OTP.
- Then the location asks you to enter the OTP. Enter it and click on Validate.
- In the subsequent step click on Confirm.
This will allow locking password resets with out extra authentication. The subsequent time you attempt to reset your IT e-filing account password, you’ll be requested to enter your Aadhaar OTP, or to make use of the opposite authentication technique that you just selected.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Nokia 6 (2018) India Launch Expected on April 4