Now, this characteristic has been accessible on WhatsApp for iPhone since February this yr, and it first appeared in a beta construct for WhatsApp’s Android customers again in August.
Here’s methods to arrange WhatsApp fingerprint lock in your Android smartphone.
How to arrange fingerprint lock on WhatsApp for Android
Before continuing, ensure you have put in WhatsApp model 2.19.221 or above by heading over to the WhatsApp page on Google Play. Once that’s carried out, merely observe these steps to safe your WhatsApp chats on Android with fingerprint authentication.
1. Open WhatsApp > faucet the vertical three dots icon on the top-right and go to Settings.
2. Go to Account > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock.
3. On the following display, activate Unlock with Fingerprint.
4. Additionally, you may as well set the period after which you will have to make use of your fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. It will be set to Immediately, After a minute or After 30 minutes.
5. Further, you may as well select if you wish to present the message content material and sender within the notifications or not.
Now everytime you open WhatsApp, relying on the automated lock period you’ve got set, you’ll need to use your fingerprint to unlock the app. And that is how one can set WhatsApp fingerprint lock in your Android smartphone.
Like Android, WhatsApp additionally permits biometric lock characteristic on iPhone. While the iPhone fashions that assist Face ID can use facial recognition to safe that chat messages, the iPhone fashions with Touch ID can use fingerprint lock. The biometric authentication will be enabled by going to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy > Screen lock.
For extra tutorials go to our How to part.