Sideload Android APKs on Fire TV Stick (2021)
Of all of the strategies, SFTV is the best approach to sideload Android APKs on Fire TV Stick. And I feel for many customers, it’ll suffice the necessity. However, we’ve got talked about two extra methods to sideload Android APKs on Fire TV Stick. You can undergo all of the strategies from the hyperlinks beneath.
Send Files to TV App
1. First and foremost, obtain the “Total Commander” app in your Fire TV Stick. It permits you to find the Android APK in your Fire TV’s inside storage. To accomplish that, press and maintain the “Alexa” button on the distant and say “Total Commander app“. It will take you to the set up web page. Click on “Get” to put in it.
3. Now, press and maintain the “Alexa” button once more and say “Send Files to TV app“. Click on “Get” to put in the app.
4. Now in your Android system, set up the SFTV app (Free, gives in-app purchases). Keep in thoughts, SFTV isn’t accessible on iOS gadgets, but it surely’s accessible on macOS, Windows, and different desktop OSes. You can discover applications in your desktop platform from its official website.
5. Now, open the SFTV app on each your gadgets and provides the required permissions. On your smartphone, faucet on “Send” and choose the APK file that you simply need to sideload. It will probably be immediately despatched to your Fire TV Stick. Keep in thoughts, for SFTV to work, each your gadgets needs to be related to a standard WiFi community.
6. Once you may have transferred the APK, open Total Commander and find the APK. For instance, I transferred the Duo APK so it’s accessible within the Download folder.
7. Now, click on on it and set up the app.
8. On the subsequent web page, you’ll have to enable Total Commander to “Install Unknown Apps“.
9. Finally, click on on “Install” and there you may have it! Your Android APK will probably be sideloaded in your Fire TV Stick immediately.
10. You can discover the sideloaded apps below Appstore -> All Your Apps. Note that some apps won’t present the right icon.
11. Keep in thoughts, some Android apps received’t be capable of run on Fire TV Stick as a result of Fire TV OS is a extremely modified Android OS. For instance, Duo didn’t work on Fire TV as a result of it depends on Google’s companies that are lacking on Fire TV Stick. Nevertheless, go forward and examine in case your Android APK works on Fire TV Stick.
Apps2Fire is one other manner you’ll be able to sideload Android APKs in your Fire TV Stick. This course of is fairly seamless as you don’t have to put in any apps in your Fire TV Stick. However, it’s a bit technical and requires a little bit of community understanding, but it surely’s definitely doable. Here is learn how to go about it.
1. First off, open Settings and transfer to My Fire TV -> Developer Options -> ADB Debugging -> Turn it on.
2. Next, return and open “About” below the identical web page. Here, transfer to “Network” and observe down the “IP Address“. You will want it later.
3. Now, go forward and set up the Apps2Fire app (Free) in your Android system. Needless to say, this methodology solely works with Android smartphones.
4. Open the App2Fire app in your smartphone and faucet on the 3-dot menu on the top-right nook. Here, choose “Setup”.
5. Now, enter the IP Address that you simply famous in step #2 and faucet on “Save”. It will attempt to connect with your Fire TV Stick. Make positive each your smartphone and Fire TV Stick are related to a standard WiFi community in any other case it received’t work.
6. You will get an ADB immediate in your Fire TV Stick. Enable the checkbox and click on on “OK”. This permits your smartphone to remotely sideload apps in your Fire TV Stick with out transferring the APK. As an apart, don’t give ADB permission to apps that you simply don’t belief.
7. On your smartphone, you’ll get a “Connected” immediate after a profitable connection.
8. Now, if you wish to sideload an app that’s already put in in your smartphone then merely faucet on it below the “Local Apps” part and select “Install”. The app will probably be immediately sideloaded to your Fire TV Stick.
9. And if you wish to sideload a downloaded APK that’s saved in your smartphone’s inside storage then faucet on the “Upload” icon on the top-right nook. After that, choose the APK and it is going to be put in similar to that.
Note: I’d advocate putting in a recent APK from inside storage as native apps have been failing to get put in in my testing.
10. To discover the sideloaded app, transfer to Appstore and look below “All Your Apps” part.
Sideload APK on Fire TV Stick from Your Computer Using ADB
This is one other approach to sideload Android APKs on Fire TV Stick utilizing ADB and it may be performed by way of a pc. This is the way it goes.
1. Similar to the above methodology, open Settings and transfer to My Fire TV -> Developer Options -> ADB Debugging -> Turn it on.
2. Now, return and open “About” below the identical web page. Here, transfer to “Network” and observe down the “IP Address”.
3. Next, arrange ADB in your pc. No matter when you have bought Windows, macOS, Linux, or Chrome OS, simply comply with our linked information and you should have it operating with out a hitch.
4. Having performed that, obtain the APK that you simply need to sideload and transfer it to the ADB folder or Platform-tools folder. Make positive to rename the APK to one thing brief with the intention to simply sort it on the Terminal.
5. Finally, open the Terminal of the OS you’re operating and run the beneath command. Here, exchange the
ipaddress with the precise one you famous in step #2. Again, consider, each your gadgets needs to be related to the identical WiFi community for this to work.
adb join ipaddress
6. You will get a immediate in your Fire TV Stick. Enable the checkbox and click on on “OK“. If the Terminal reveals connection failed then run the above command once more and this time it needs to be related.
7. Once the connection is established, run the beneath command to sideload the Android APK in your Fire TV Stick. Here, exchange
file.apkwith the precise identify of the APK.
adb set up file.apk
8. Finally, the app will probably be put in and you’ll get a “Success” output within the Terminal. Now transfer to Appstore- > All Your Apps part and one can find the app right here.
Install Android Apps on Fire TV Stick in Three Ways
So these are the three strategies you’ll be able to attempt for putting in third-party Android apps in your Fire TV Stick. As I’ve talked about above, the SFTV methodology is probably the most seamless and simpler to carry out. However, if that doesn’t be just right for you then you’ll be able to undergo the opposite two strategies.
Anyway, that’s all from us. In case, you need to discover ways to remap app buttons on Fire TV remotes or what to do once you lose the distant, then head over to our linked guides. And if you’re dealing with any points then tell us within the remark part beneath.