How to Stop Auto Downloading and Saving of Pictures, Videos and Other Media on Whatsapp for Android
WhatsApp for Android has a change that permits you to cease photos and movies from downloading. Here’s how you are able to do it:
- Open WhatsApp, ensure you are seeing the primary window – the place all of your chats are displayed. Tap the three vertical dots on the highest proper > Settings.
- Now faucet Chat settings > Media auto-download. You’ll see three choices: When utilizing mobile knowledge, When linked on Wi-Fi and When roaming. Tap each and disable auto-downloads by unchecking all three choices – Images, Audio and Video.
To view photographs, you’ll have to obtain them. When you do, WhatsApp saves them in a folder, and you may get inundated with silly memes and different undesirable content material, which is seen to anybody who open’s your telephone’s Gallery App. However, it’s attainable to cease these photographs from showing within the Gallery app. Here’s how:
- Download Quickpic and open the app.
- Navigate to the WhatsApp media folders. The location of the WhatsApp folder varies throughout units however it ought to sometimes be the next: Internal Storage (typically labelled sdcard0) > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Images, > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Audio, and WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Videos.
- Long-press the WhatsApp Images folder and be sure that it’s chosen. Do the identical with the WhatsApp Video and WhatsApp Audio folders.
- After choosing the three folders, faucet the three dots icon on the top-right > Hide. This will be sure that the Gallery app would not present them. You can nonetheless view these photos and movies inside WhatsApp and thru any apps that allow you to view hidden folders. But when you move your telephone to somebody, you now not want fear about them seeing the WhatsApp photographs and movies via the Gallery app.
How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp
How to Stop Auto Downloading and Saving of Pictures, Videos and Other Media on WhatsApp for iPhone
You can flip off media auto-download on iPhone too by way of the Settings menu.
- Open WhatsApp and faucet the Settings button on the bottom-right, and faucet on Data and Storage Usage
- In this menu, you will note the Media Auto-Download choice on prime
- For Photos, Audio, Videos, and Documents, choose the Never choice
Now solely the information you select to obtain manually will seem in your telephone, and you may even select to cease the photographs and movies from showing the telephone’s Camera Roll. All it’s good to do is to go to Chats within the Settings menu, open the Save to Camera Roll menu, and switch it to off. This stops the images individuals are sending from displaying up within the digicam roll, and taking up your synced Photo Stream.
How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
Not saving photos routinely has its benefits, however it additionally signifies that you’ll have to obtain every photograph manually. If you find yourself downloading each picture anyway, then it is most likely finest to depart this function energetic. Let us know if this tutorial helped you by way of the feedback. For extra such helpful articles, go to our How to part.