Take Screenshots on a Chromebook (Updated July 2020)
- Take Screenshots with Keyboard
- Take Screenshots with Buttons in Tablet Mode
- Take Screenshots with Stylus
- Take Screenshots with Chrome Extensions
- Take Screenshots with an External Keyboard
Take Screenshots with Keyboard
1. Full-screen Screenshot: If you need to take screenshots on Chromebook, the best manner is to press Ctrl and the Overview button without delay. It will immediately take a screenshot of the entire display screen.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Overview button (simply above the 6 key)
Now, open the Files app and you will see the screenshot underneath the “Downloads” folder.
You can even paste the screenshots straight into photo-editing apps, Gmail, or another media discipline. When you’re taking a screenshot on Chromebook, click on on “Copy to Clipboard” on the bottom-right nook. It will copy the screenshot to the clipboard. Now, paste on any media discipline and there you should have it.
If you need to sync your screenshots to Google Drive then transfer the file to the “Google Drive” part. Easy peasy!
2. Window Screenshot: If you need to take a screenshot of the present window then press Ctrl, Alt, and the Overview button. And then choose the window in your display screen. You can both hit enter to take a screenshot of the energetic window or select the window utilizing your mouse.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + Overview button (simply above the 6 key)
3. Partial Screenshot: And if you wish to freely take a screenshot of a selected space then press Ctrl, Shift, and the Overview button. The display screen will dim after which you possibly can choose the proper space to take a screenshot in your Chromebook.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + Overview button (simply above the 6 key)
Take Screenshots with Buttons in Tablet Mode
If you need to screenshot on Chromebook in pill or tent mode then press the ability and both of the amount buttons without delay, much like smartphones. You don’t must press and maintain; simply press and launch the buttons without delay. A full-screen screenshot might be captured immediately.
- Shortcut: Power + Either of the Volume buttons
Take Screenshots with Stylus
1. Full-screen Screenshot: If you will have linked a stylus together with your Chromebook then a “Stylus” menu will seem on the bottom-right self. Open it and choose “Capture Screen” and it’ll take a full-page screenshot in your Chromebook.
2. Partial Screenshot: And if you wish to take a partial screenshot, click on on the “Stylus” menu and choose “Capture Region”. Now, you should use your stylus, contact, and maintain someplace on the display screen after which drag to pick an space. After that, launch the stylus and a screenshot might be taken.
Take Screenshots with Chrome Extensions
So that’s how one can screenshot on a Chromebook natively. If you might be in search of a extra versatile and highly effective screenshot software then try the Nimbus extension (Free). It lets you take every kind of screenshots and in addition affords display screen recording and on-screen annotation.
Take Screenshots Using an External Keyboard
1. Full-page Screenshot: If you will have linked an exterior keyboard to your Chromebook then you possibly can take a screenshot by urgent Ctrl and F5 without delay. It works very equally to the native Chromebook shortcut, however it is advisable to press F5 instead of the overview button.
2. Window Screenshot: Similarly, for a window screenshot utilizing an exterior keyboard, press Ctrl, Alt, and F5. It will immediately take a screenshot of the present window.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + F5
3. Partial Screenshot: Lastly, press Ctrl, Shift, and F5 to take a partial screenshot utilizing an exterior keyboard. The display screen will dim mechanically after which you possibly can choose a area simply.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + F5
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where do the screenshots go on a Chromebook?
All screenshots are saved underneath the “Downloads” folder. Just open the “Files” app and transfer to the “Downloads” folder and there you will have it. If you need to change the screenshot location, you are able to do so from Settings -> Advanced -> Downloads -> Change.
Q. What is F5 on a Chromebook?
Simply put, F5 on a Chromebook is the overview key which is mostly situated above the 6 key. You can press it together with Ctrl to take a screenshot.
Q. What is the Switch Key on a Chromebook?
The Switch secret’s once more the identical because the overview key. It’s used to modify home windows on a Chromebook so it’s referred to as the Switch key.
Take a Screenshot on a Chromebook Like a Pro
So that was our quick article on find out how to screenshot on a Chromebook. We have provided all of the methods to seize a screenshot, together with native and a third-party extension strategies. While the built-in shortcuts are sufficient for me, some customers desire a full resolution from annotation to free-style crop choice. In that case, go for the third-party extension that I’ve talked about above. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you need to study extra about Chromebooks then keep tuned with us as we convey some extra cool stuff about Chrome OS.