The knowledge has been shared by Swiss Android developer Till Kottmann on Twitter and has been named the ‘Exconfidential Lake’ leak. He acquired the interior paperwork from an nameless hacker, who apparently breached Intel final 12 months. The hacker additionally made this delicate knowledge out there publicly on BitTorrent feeds. Kottman himself is a supporter of open-source applied sciences and has printed IP knowledge from different main tech giants previously.
As for what info did the paperwork include, ZDNet reveals that you’ve the interior design of varied chipsets, technical specs, product guides, and manuals for processors relationship again to 2016. There’s a ton of proprietary paperwork that’ve been marked confidential or restricted current within the leaked knowledge.
ZDNet managed to get a take a look at the 20GB leaked knowledge, and with assist from nameless safety researchers, it has additionally confirmed that the info is genuine. Kottman makes it straightforward for everybody to learn the contents of the leak by compiling a abstract, which you’ll see hooked up under:
– Intel ME Bringup guides + (flash) tooling + samples for varied platforms
– Kabylake (Purley Platform) BIOS Reference Code and Sample Code + Initialization code (a few of it as exported git repos with full historical past)
– Intel CEFDK (Consumer Electronics Firmware Development Kit (Bootloader stuff)) SOURCES
– Silicon / FSP supply code packages for varied platforms
– Various Intel Development and Debugging Tools
– Simics Simulation for Rocket Lake S and doubtlessly different platforms
– Various roadmaps and different paperwork
– Binaries for Camera drivers Intel made for SpaceX
– Schematics, Docs, Tools + Firmware for the unreleased Tiger Lake platform
– (very horrible) Kabylake FDK coaching movies
– Intel Trace Hub + decoder information for varied Intel ME variations
– Elkhart Lake Silicon Reference and Platform Sample Code
– Some Verilog stuff for varied Xeon Platforms, not sure what it’s precisely.
– Debug BIOS/TXE builds for varied Platforms
– Bootguard SDK (encrypted zip)
– Intel Snowridge / Snowfish Process Simulator ADK
– Various schematics
– Intel Marketing Material Templates (InDesign)
Intel denies the claims of its personal servers being hacked and as an alternative says that the info comes from considered one of its companions on the Intel Resource and Design Center.
“The information appears to come from the Intel Resource and Design Center, which hosts information for use by our customers, partners, and other external parties who have registered for access. We believe an individual with access downloaded and shared this data,” reads the official assertion from Intel.
Though this leak already contains an intensive listing of inner paperwork, Kottman says that the supply might have obtained extra than simply 20GB of information. This might only one in a collection of information leaks that can quickly observe. The future leaks will make clear extra of the categorized info, as you may see within the tweet under.
fyi: until I’m misunderstanding my supply, I can already inform you that the long run components of this leak can have even jucier and extra classfied stuff
— Tillie 1312 Kottmann #BLM 💛🤍💜🖤 (@deletescape) August 6, 2020
The knowledge leak hasn’t revealed any of Intel’s super-sensitive knowledge similar to CPU and GPU designs. There certain are some paperwork marked confidential and restricted however they could be damaging to the corporate’s enterprise. However, if Kottman is true (and we now have no motive to doubt him), then do hold your eyes peeled for extra Intel inner paperwork making their method to the Internet within the coming weeks.