As Microsoft is getting ready to make the Windows 10 May 2020 Update typically accessible later this month, Intel is rolling out a brand new replace for its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver on some units.
These updates can be found on all supported variations of Windows 10 together with the November 2019 (model 1909) and May 2019 Update (model 1903). Intel says that the brand new drivers can be found for a choose variety of adapters and you could not see the replace when you have a distinct wi-fi adapter.
To decide whether or not the driving force replace is out there to your system, it’s essential to open Device Manager, broaden the department for Network adapters and search for the Intel adapter mannequin quantity.
If you might have one of many following adapters, then you may set up the brand new drivers:
- AX201, AX200, 9560, 9260, 9462, 9461
- 184.108.40.206 for 8265 and 8260.
- 7265, 3165 and 3168.
Intel’s Wi-Fi driver replace comes with the next enhancements:
- Addresses connectivity points with Windows 10’s Mobile Hotspot characteristic.
- Addresses a disconnection bug which may occur when the system is linked to particular entry factors.
- Addresses a bug the place the Wi-Fi community listing is empty once you resume your laptop computer from sleep mode.
- Addresses audio stuttering when streaming on-line movies.
- Addresses a bug the place Bluetooth doesn’t activate once you exit Airplane mode.
- Improves Wi-Fi efficiency on some channels.
- Addresses connectivity points with NETGEAR Access Point Nighthawk RAX80.
Another bug the place Intel Wi-Fi driver causes Blue Screen of Death has been resolved on Windows 10.
Intel Bluetooth driver replace
Intel can be rolling out a brand new Bluetooth driver replace for Windows 10 computer systems. According to the corporate, the replace ought to deal with a number of points together with a bug the place a Bluetooth system could cease working if you happen to repeatedly use it for a protracted time period.
Intel has fastened one other bug the place the Wi-Fi connection impacts the efficiency of Bluetooth mouse or keyboard.
The replace has additionally addressed the next bugs:
- Addresses a bug the place Bluetooth mouse begins lagging once you play music.
- Addresses a bug with Bluetooth headsets the place the audio could come out discontinuously whereas streaming video on-line over Wi-Fi.
How to get the replace
On flagship merchandise, Windows 10 detects and installs drivers mechanically utilizing the Windows Update. However, you could must replace Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver manually for a lot of causes. For occasion, once you don’t get the driving force updates from Windows Update, or your OEM drivers usually are not accessible.
Whatever the rationale it could be, Intel says you may obtain and replace system drivers with its help assistant device. To replace your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver, observe these steps:
- Download Intel Driver and Support Assistant (iDSA) device from here.
- Double-click the .exe package deal and set up the device.
- Follow the on-screen directions and restart your pc.
- From system tray or the notification space, click on Intel’s device icon.
- Select the “Check For New Drivers” possibility.
Once you full the above steps, Intel’s device will scan your system and allow you to set up the replace in case your system is appropriate.
If you don’t see the replace, examine again later or double-check your wi-fi adapter mannequin quantity.
Intel is predicted to launch one other replace for the older wi-fi adapters later this yr.
The publish Intel updates Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest