Intel has launched up to date Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers for Windows 10 May 2020 Update and older. The drivers have been evidently printed on August 4, 2020, however have simply began rolling out to some customers.
The Wi-Fi driver replace from Intel seems to largely deal with ‘Blue Screen of Death’ points encountered on some units. On the opposite hand, the Bluetooth driver replace comes with normal efficiency and safety enhancements.
It’s price declaring that Intel’s up to date Wi-Fi driver shouldn’t be but broadly accessible for customers and Intel would possibly push the motive force to extra units within the coming weeks as soon as the gradual rollout interval is over.
Intel says the newest Wi-Fi driver for Windows 10 addresses Blue Screen of Death errors brought on by the older drivers and when customers resume their laptops from Sleep mode.
Intel is rolling out the motive force replace for the next adapters:
- 22.214.171.124 for AX201, AX200, 9560, 9260, 9462, 9461
- 126.96.36.199 for 8265 and 8260.
- 188.8.131.52 for 7265, 3165 and 3168.
To decide whether or not your gadget is eligible for the replace, open the Device Manager, click on on the “Network adapters” and develop the department. If you’ve one of many above-listed Intel adapters, then you definately’ll have the ability to obtain and set up the brand new drivers within the coming weeks.
Here’s the whole changelog of the Wi-Fi driver replace:
- Fixes a difficulty the place the info switch efficiency is lowered when the community connections shifts from Wi-Fi Direct to 2.4 GHz AP.
- Fixes BSOD brought on by the Intel wi-fi driver.
- Fixes BSOD while you resume your gadget from Sleep mode and Modern Standby function is enabled.
- Fixes BSOD reported with Event ID 5010 in Event Viewer.
- Fixes efficiency points while you resume your laptop computer from sleep mode and Modern Standby is enabled.
- Fixes disconnection points when your system is sitting idle otherwise you’re streaming on-line movies at 2.4 GHz.
- Includes purposeful and safety enhancements.
The Wi-Fi replace shouldn’t be broadly accessible for customers and it could not present up for obtain while you examine for updates.
Bluetooth driver replace
Unlike Wi-Fi drivers, Intel’s up to date Bluetooth driver is on the market for everybody utilizing suitable adapters.
The patched driver consists of a number of high quality enhancements and bug fixes. For occasion, a bug has been fastened the place AirPods audio playback might fail to renew after a Skype name.
Here’s the whole changelog of the Bluetooth driver replace:
- Fixes a difficulty the place audio playback fails to renew while you use AirPods after Skype name.
- Fixes a difficulty the place the Bluetooth gadget disappears from Device Manager or stops working while you allow Airplane mode on Windows 10.
- Fixes a difficulty the place Bluetooth mouse begins lagging while you play music over a Bluetooth headset on the similar time.
- Fixes connectivity points with second Bluetooth HID/LE gadget.
- Fixes audio discontinuity or stuttering when taking part in music.
- Includes normal enhancements and safety fixes.
How to get the replace
Windows 10 lets you replace a tool driver manually utilizing Windows Update, Device Manager, and Intel’s Driver & Support Assistant instrument.
On flagship merchandise such because the Surface Pro, Microsoft and Intel will certify the drivers and push the updates by means of Windows Update.
If you don’t personal a flagship gadget, it could actually take a while till producers publish newer driver packages on Windows Update. Fortunately, Intel lets you manually obtain the motive force packages which have been examined, verified, and signed by the corporate.
To get the brand new driver updates, comply with these steps:
- Download and set up Intel Driver and Support Assistant (iDSA) instrument from here.
- Run the installer.
- Open the Update Assistant instrument and comply with the on-screen directions.
- Once put in, you may entry Intel’s replace instrument from Windows 10’s system tray.
Remember that the drivers can take as much as a few weeks to totally roll out and the replace might not present up instantly.