iOS 12 Screen Time: How to Curb Your iPhone Addiction
How to make notifications ship quietly in iOS 12
These steps will assist you shortly silence notification sounds and take away them from the lock display screen, however they nonetheless might be accessible within the Notification Centre so that you can go and see whenever you need. This could be very helpful if you wish to be sure solely choose apps warrant your consideration on the lock display screen, whereas nonetheless providing you with the power to go and test different notifications everytime you need. Here’s the best way to handle your notifications:
- When you get a notification on the lock display screen, swipe on the notification from proper to left.
- This will reveal three choices — View, Manage, and Clear.
- Tap Manage.
- Now you possibly can choose Deliver Quietly to disable notification sounds from that app, and to cover these notifications from the lock display screen.
- To reverse this, go to Settings > Notifications and choose the app you snoozed within the earlier step. Now choose Lock Screen, Banners, and faucet the button subsequent to Sounds.
18 Hidden iOS 12 Features Everyone Should Use
How to ungroup notifications in iOS 12
By default, iOS 12 will group your robotically notifications, so a number of messages on the identical thread, for instance, will not refill your whole display screen. If you wish to return to the previous behaviour of seeing all notifications individually, observe these steps:
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Now choose the app whose notifications you wish to management.
- Once you do this, faucet Notification Grouping. You can select By App to cut back muddle. To ungroup notifications, faucet Off.
How to Enable or Disable Automatic Software Updates on iOS 12
Here if you choose Automatic — which needs to be the default choose — then some notifications are displayed individually (normally the latest from any app and the older ones are stacked in a gaggle). If you choose By App, it teams all notifications by app, with solely the latest one being seen on the prime of the stack. Selecting Off means notifications will not be grouped and the pre-iOS 12 muddle will return.
Like we stated, iOS 12 teams notifications by default, but when any app is not displaying grouped notifications, you possibly can observe the steps described above to repair the difficulty. To test if notifications are grouped by app, simply swipe down from the highest and scroll to the Notification Centre. Here in the event you see one notification with X extra notifications written beneath, you are heading in the right direction.
12 Awesome New Features in iOS 12
How to cover notification content material in iOS 12
If you do not need the content material of notifications to indicate on the lock display screen in iOS 12, observe these steps. So, for instance, as an alternative of seeing a message from Kunal Dua that reads, “Send the story”, you’ll merely see the identify of the app and “Notification” because the textual content. The identify of the sender and the content material of the message is hidden to guard your privateness.
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Show Previews.
- Now select When Unlocked or Never to cover the content material of notifications.
How to Take Measurements Using iOS 12’s New Measure App
This function was current in older variations of iOS too, but it surely’s all the time good to know the best way to allow this regardless.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Will Apple ever launch fairly priced iPhones in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly expertise podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button beneath.