According to Nintendo, persevering with investigation into the hack revealed that 140,000 further accounts had been impacted. In a press release launched Tuesday, Nintendo stated that the hack may need compromised personal user-information, together with birthdays and e-mail addresses. Thankfully, the hackers are stated to have been unable to entry any bank card particulars.
Meanwhile, regardless of the huge hack, Nintendo says that lower than 1% of all NNIDs (Nintendo Network IDs) all over the world that had been illegally logged into, could have had fraudulent transactions. “We are still in the process of refunding in each country, but we have already finished refunding for most customers”, the corporate stated.
As a remedial measure, Nintendo says it has reset the passwords for all NNIDs and the linked Nintendo accounts. It additionally says that it contacted each affected buyer individually. The firm additionally apologized for the developments and pledged to take further safety measures to forestall a recurrence of such incidents.
The firm had this to say on its Japanese weblog. “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and concern to our customers and related parties. In the future, we will strive to further strengthen security and ensure safety so that similar events do not occur”. So had been you impacted by the hack? Let us know within the feedback down beneath.