Microsoft Word: How to transcribe an audio file
To begin transcribing an audio file in Microsoft Word, comply with these steps.
- Go to Microsoft Word on-line and log in to your account.
- After you will have logged in, create a brand new doc.
- In the Home tab, hit the down arrow proper subsequent to Dictate and click on Transcribe.
- You’ll now see two choices — Upload audio and Start recording.
- Go forward and hit Upload audio to add an audio file for transcription. This takes a short time so do not shut the window or refresh the web page whereas your file uploads. One thing more to notice is you could solely add audio information in wav, M4a, mp4 and mp3 codecs.
- Once that is performed, the transcription might be out there to you within the pane proper under.
- Now that your file is transcribed, you’ll be able to edit a section by clicking the pencil icon. After you are performed making the modifications, hit the tick icon to verify.
- Besides, you too can add the entire transcription to a doc by clicking Add all to doc or you’ll be able to even add a selected part by hovering over the cursor over the part and clicking +.
- You can even mess around with the audio controls if you wish to hear the audio file for making corrections.
- Apart from importing audio, you too can report your audio and transcribe in actual time.
- To do this, once more from the Home tab, hit the down arrow proper subsequent to Dictate and click on Transcribe.
- Click Start Recording to start.
- Once you are performed recording, hit Save and transcribe now to save lots of your file.
- After this, you’ll be able to repeat the sooner steps to edit or make modifications.
Transcribe audio to textual content free on-line
If you are on the lookout for options that supply a lot of the identical performance, don’t fret, we have you lined. Check out these different choices.
Otter.ai is an efficient possibility for somebody who needs to report and take notes in actual time. Otter is a paid service that is out there on-line in addition to on smartphones. All that you must do is join along with your electronic mail ID and also you’re good to go. It can be fairly straightforward to make use of. You can merely import an audio file for transcription or you’ll be able to report audio in actual time. Besides, when your audio has been transcribed, you get choices to edit it, share it or you’ll be able to even export the textual content or audio in the event you choose. Otter provides as much as 600 minutes per 30 days on the free tier. However, in the event you actually just like the companies and do not thoughts spending on the options, you will get Otter Premium for $9.99 a month (roughly Rs. 735) or $99.99 a yr (roughly Rs, 7,355). Besides, there’s additionally Otter for Teams that allows you to transcribe Zoom conferences. This prices $30 a month (roughly Rs. 2,207) or $720 yearly (roughly Rs. 52,970).
Descript is one other nice transcription service, however not like Otter, it is just out there as an app for Windows and Mac. So, after getting the app put in in your pc, all that you must do is join the service and also you’re able to transcribe. Descript has all of the choices that allow you to report, add an audio file, edit it, share it and many others., however the catch right here is that you just solely get three hours of transcription time on the free tier. If you wish to proceed utilizing Descript, you may both must go for a Creator account that prices $15 a month (roughly Rs. 1,107) or if you need the perfect of the perfect, you’ll be able to go for the Pro account that prices $30 a month (roughly Rs. 2,207).
Google Docs may not be as feature-rich as the opposite transcription companies on this record, however in the event you merely wish to take notes whereas talking, then look no additional than Google’s providing. To begin recording your voice, open Google Docs in your pc > create a brand new doc > click on Tools > click on Voice typing. Now, all that you must do is communicate and Docs will do the remainder for you. Of course, you may must tweak your doc a bit, however is not tweaking a doc higher than writing a whole one? And the great half is that every one of that is free.
Write it down within the feedback in the event you choose Google Docs voice-typing or are you keen to pay the premium for different transcription companies.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Is Android One holding again Nokia smartphones in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly know-how podcast, which you’ll subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button under.