2K Sports’ flagship product, NBA 2K21, launches Sept. 4. Although 2K is just providing two editions — a typical copy and a particular version honoring the late Kobe Bryant — PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X variations, plus pre-order content material incentives, complicate the image of what’s on supply.
NBA 2K21 will likely be out there on Google Stadia, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One at launch in September. Pre-orders for these platforms can be found now.
NBA 2K21 customary version
The base version of NBA 2K21, on PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One, goes for the same old price of $59.99. It’s the one with the Portland Trail Blazers’ Damian Lillard on the duvet.
“Base edition” means simply that, no further freebies, though 2K Sports is dangling a line of digital goodies for many who pre-order the sport. They embrace:
- 5,000 in Virtual Currency, the in-game cash that funds your MyCareer participant’s development, wardrobe, and different way of life bling.
- 5,000 MyTeam factors, which is a digital forex used to amass card packs and different objects within the MyTeam mode. Unlike VC, this isn’t on the market within the recreation for actual cash.
- 10 MyTeam Promo packs, delivered as soon as per week for 10 weeks.
- Nine MyCareer Skill Boosts: These are time-limited scores enhancements, typically for one recreation solely, to be used in your MyCareer video games.
- Five pairs of digital sneakers in your MyPlayer avatar(s) to put on.
- Damian Lillard Digital Collection. This will get you the duvet star in MyTeam, plus a digital T-shirt and watch in your MyPlayer to put on.
Critically, this customary version doesn’t embrace any improve to the Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 variations, when you purchase it on both of these consoles’ predecessors.
NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition
This is the one particular version on supply this yr for NBA 2K21; it’s out there for Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The late Kobe Bryant, who had an in depth promotional relationship with 2K Sports for the previous decade, stars on the duvet. It prices $99.99.
This version begins gamers out with 100,000 Virtual Currency and provides them the Zion Williamson Digital Collection, which is similar factor because the Damian Lillard Digital Collection above, simply with the younger New Orleans Pelicans star swapped in.
It additionally provides homeowners a code to obtain NBA 2K21’s customary version on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X (if bought on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, respectively). This FAQ on 2K Sports’ website says that Mamba Edition patrons will get one other 100,000 VC of their account when the next-generation model launches (it’s anticipated in November, however 2K has but to announce something official). Those prospects might want to launch their next-gen model of NBA 2K21 and redeem the code there to get the bonus forex, however that bonus will likely be usable in both model of the sport. Progression in MyTeam may also carry forwards and backwards between the current- and next-gen variations.
Pre-ordering the Mamba Forever Edition of NBA 2K21 provides one other raft of digital content material incentives. They are:
- 10,000 MyTeam Points
- 10 MyTeam Tokens. This is a particular forex inside that mode that unlock upgraded variations of star gamers.
- 60 MyCareer talent boosts.
- 40 MyTeam Promo packs, with 10 given at launch, plus three per week for 10 weeks.
- Sapphire variations of Damian Lillard and Zion Williamson for MyTeam. These are upgraded variations of the identical gamers (in any other case acquired with tokens).
- The Kobe Bryant Digital Collection: Same objects because the Williamson and Lillard digital collections, simply Kobe-branded.
- The MyPlayer shoe assortment.
- A backpack in your MyPlayer avatar to put on.
For massive Kobe Bryant followers, pre-ordering the sport by means of GameStop delivers a bodily premium — a medallion commemorating the 2 jersey numbers (8 and 24) that the Los Angeles Lakers retired for Bryant on Dec. 18, 2017.
NBA 2K21 PS5 and Xbox Series X editions
Zion Williamson is the duvet star for the next-gen model of the sport, due out this fall. NBA 2K21 on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X prices $10 greater than standard — $69.99 — though the Mamba Forever Edition remains to be $99.99. However, shopping for the Mamba Forever Edition for a next-generation console doesn’t internet you any bonus Virtual Currency. If you’re going to be shopping for and taking part in NBA 2K21 on a next-generation machine, it makes extra sense to get the Mamba Forever Edition on PS4 or Xbox One, and pocket all the goodies that go along with it (together with the entire of 200,000 VC).
The bodily and digital variations of the PS5 and Xbox Series X Mamba Forever Editions embrace a code for the previous-generation console’s base copy of NBA 2K21, plus the Damian Lillard assortment, however that’s it. Pre-orders of the next-generation model of NBA 2K21 don’t embrace any pre-order incentives, both.
2K Sports hasn’t stated but how NBA 2K21 will likely be totally different on next-generation consoles. When the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launched in 2013, developer Visual Concepts gave NBA 2K14 for these consoles a separate story-based mode that turned the inspiration for MyCareer, in addition to the primary MyGM mode. However, the next-gen variations then didn’t have the LeBron: Path to Greatness problem sequence that was a centerpiece of the Xbox 360 and PS3 variations.