Qualcomm is anticipated to launch Snapdragon 875, its subsequent flagship chipset, someday later this yr as its first 5nm chipset. Ahead of the official unveiling, 91mobiles has been tipped the specs of Snapdragon 875 by a reader. The electronic mail we obtained says the chipset would be the first by the corporate to have the brand new X60 5G modem-RF system. It isn’t clear whether or not the 5G modem can be built-in or elective, however with 5G changing into mainstream worldwide shortly, it received’t be a shock if Qualcomm takes the embedding route. Additionally, the upcoming chipset is codenamed SM8350, which isn’t a shock contemplating its predecessor is codenamed SM8250.
Here’s a take a look at the important thing options and specs of Snapdragon 875:
- Kryo 685 CPU constructed on Arm v8 Cortex tech
- 3G/ 4G/ 5G modem –Millimeter wave (mmWave) and sub-6 GHz bands
- Adreno 660 GPU
- Adreno 665 VPU
- Adreno 1095 DPU
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Spectra 580 image-processing engine
- Snapdragon Sensors Core Technology
- External 802.11ax, 2×2 MIMO, and Bluetooth Milan
- Compute Hexagon DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions and Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
- Low-power audio subsystem mixed with Aqstic Audio Technologies WCD9380 and WCD9385 audio codec
The Snapdragon 875 specs tipped to us reveal a few of the upgrades we are able to count on to see, however there isn’t any info but on what sort of efficiency enhancements we are able to see. The chipset can be made utilizing the 5nm course of, which is the smallest but, so it ought to convey important efficiency and graphics enhancements in addition to better vitality effectivity over the Snapdragon 865.
As for the launch, Snapdragon 875 will launch in December if Qualcomm is ready to keep its annual unveiling schedule at its year-end convention. However, with coronavirus wreaking havoc, the launch could also be pushed to early 2021, although it’s too early to inform in the meanwhile. There is little different details about the chipset in the meanwhile, besides that it reportedly can be manufactured by Taiwan’s TSMC.