Valorant’s newest patch is right here, however Riot’s solely making a couple of gentle adjustments to the sport this time round. The patch brings a couple of small nerfs to Raze, buffs the Guardian a bit and, most significantly, makes certain you’re not caught enjoying the identical map over and over.
Raze’s nerfs on this patch solely goal her Blast Packs and principally simply take away a few of their direct injury when detonated in mid-air. The Blast Packs now have an arming time of .5 seconds as soon as they land, with the intention to ramp as much as their full 50 injury. If you throw one out and detonate it earlier than it’s armed, it should solely do 15 injury. As an added bonus although, Blast Packs now not deal injury to allies.
The Guardian has additionally been adjusted to make it just a little extra highly effective, or a minimum of make it right into a viable choice. The semi-automatic rifle now solely prices 2,400, and fires just a little sooner. This in all probability received’t flip the Guardian right into a Phantom or Vandal substitute anytime quickly, nevertheless it would possibly make it value shopping for infrequently.
The final huge change on this patch involves the matchmaking system, which can now be just a little bit smarter about the best way it selects which map you play on. While the outdated system was random — or near it — this new system can be “pseudo-random.” This implies that the system will make it much less probably so that you can play on the identical map you’ve simply completed. Riot’s aim with this modification is to forestall gamers from enjoying the identical map a number of instances in row, which was a typical grievance from the group.
For a have a look at all of the adjustments coming to Valorant in patch 1.08 you’ll find the full patch notes beneath.
Valorant patch 1.08 notes
- Initial injury decreased to 15 with a .2 meter interior radius, falling off to 5 minimal injury
- Once the satchel lands, it arms after .5 seconds, growing it’s max injury to 50
- Shooting the blast pack causes it to detonate, dealing its present injury quantity
- Satchel now not does injury allies
Raze’s Blast Pack has been shelling out injury with out giving enemies a lot counterplay. This change ought to assist make it very clear when Blast Pack’s injury poses a risk whereas sustaining the utility facets of the Blast Pack that gamers have begun to grasp. The blast pack now doesn’t ‘fizzle’ when shot and can nonetheless do injury, which means it ought to nonetheless be approached rigorously if in deadly vary.
- Price decreased from 2500 >>> 2400
- Improved Rate of fireside from 4.75 >>> 5.25 RPS (rounds per second)
- Improved weapon restoration from .35 after 3 bullets to .2925 after 3 bullets
We don’t assume the Guardian can (or ought to) compete immediately with the Phantom or Vandal however we’d prefer it to have a spot the place gamers can really feel good opting into the gun on the new price, is a aggressive buy in sure financial circumstances or map eventualities, and isn’t as punishing when an enemy will get shut!
Map Rotation Changes
Matchmaking queue for all modes has been up to date to measure all of your lately performed maps, all through all modes, in order that for any given queue you:
- Have a greater probability of enjoying on a map you haven’t performed lately
- Are a lot much less more likely to play on the identical map a number of video games in a row
It’s occurring! The doable pool of maps you will get positioned on is now ‘pseudo-random’ quite than pure random. What which means is in case you simply performed, say, Haven, the matchmaker will deprioritize that map in your subsequent recreation.
Quality of life
- Observers will now see a timer quite than their display being obscured when observing a participant who’s blinded
Full display blind for observers might be turned again on within the choices, for all you masochists
- Minimap efficiency enhancements
- The social panel will now pause sorting when you’re hovering or interacting with it
- Updated verbiage within the All Ranks modal within the Career web page to be extra in line with Competitive time beyond regulation guidelines
There was a bug through which improve Prime ranges (2–4) weren’t enjoying the proper tracers, sound fx, and different VFX
- Fixed a bug the place the End of Game display would show a “Still processing” message, after which wouldn’t present that match in your Career tab
- Fixed a bug the place “High Skill Disparity” would show in Custom Game Lobbies