Riot Games has been speaking about bringing an Operator nerf to Valorant for some time now, and with patch 1.09 the second has lastly arrived. The new patch additionally brings some wider weapon nerfs, and some modifications to Agents like Jett, Viper, and Brimstone.
This patch’s largest change, and certain one of many largest modifications that Valorant has obtained to date, are the nerfs to the Operator sniper rifle. The one-shot-kill rifle now prices 5,000 credit, up from 4,500, and its fireplace price has dropped from 0.75 to 0.6 rounds per second. The weapon additionally takes longer to equip, causes gamers to maneuver barely extra slowly when zoomed in, and does much less injury for leg photographs now. Of course, because of the Op’s general energy, it’s nonetheless more likely to be top-of-the-line and hottest weapons within the recreation, however it shouldn’t be fairly so dominant anymore.
The patch’s different modifications embody a nerf to leaping and taking pictures, which is able to make gamers inaccurate for barely longer after they land from a bounce. As for Agents, Jett’s Blade Storm Burst Fire might be slightly bit weaker at lengthy ranges now, Viper will begin rounds with 100 gasoline as a substitute of 50, and Brimstone’s power-up will give gamers a 15% bonus to firing velocity as a substitute of 10%.
For a full take a look at all of the modifications coming to Valorant in patch 1.09, you could find the patch notes under.
Valorant patch 1.09 notes
- Updated projectile VFX to higher signify its hitbox, particularly when it’s touring in the direction of your POV
We’re maintaining a tally of the general energy degree of Paranoia, however as a primary step needed to resolve visible points the place gamers hit with Paranoia seem exterior of its impression on their display screen.
Blade Storm (Burst Fire)
- The time between consecutive Burst Fire use has elevated from 0.33 seconds >>> 0.45 seconds
- Daggers thrown in Burst now have a injury falloff that begins at 12 meters and drops steadily (to 35 injury) at max falloff
- Headshot multiplier on Burst Fire diminished from 3x >>> 2x
While we proceed to analyze a few of her outsized strengths, we expect the burst fireplace on her Blade Storm has been over-performing at lengthy ranges. The burst fireplace is meant to be an in depth vary assault, however we discovered it continuously getting frags at over 20 meters away. These modifications purpose to rein in its efficient vary whereas retaining its shut vary efficiency.
While Viper is stronger than ever, her general impression is decrease than we’d like. This spherical of modifications continues in the identical vein as patch 1.07—rising her flexibility, particularly when making an attempt to play with teammates.
- Viper now begins the spherical at 100 gasoline (beforehand 50)
Now that Viper can place her wall pre-round, we wish her to have the ability to act along with her group proper at barrier drop with out the strain of additionally making an attempt to maximise her gasoline for an preliminary transfer.
- Vulnerable debuff utilized from Snake Bite now lingers for 2 seconds after leaving Viper’s acid
Immediately dropping the susceptible debuff upon exit wasn’t creating the risk we’ve hoped for once we added it. This change ought to make the Viper (and group) benefit window extra real looking, in addition to venture a singular risk on opponents taking part in round it.
- Move velocity doubled whereas casting
- Viper now quick equips her weapon after casting, re-equip instances differ per gun—however on common will scale back her weapon down time by .4 seconds
The mixture of a sluggish placement and re-equip time was leading to Viper gamers getting too damage or killed whereas casting ults in a scenario we felt must be fairly protected. This change ought to improve the positional choices accessible whereas casting, and get your weapon up sooner.
- Fire price bonus decreased from 25% >>> 15%
At its earlier fireplace price, we felt Empress was too efficient when utilizing heavies/smgs, AND too quick to grasp the change in spray sample on rifles. We hope this alteration permits us to handle each points without delay, whereas additionally giving us an opportunity to have a unified fireplace price improve (matching Brimstone’s stim under) that gamers can be taught and grasp.
- Fire price bonus elevated from 10% >>> 15%
Paired with Reyna’s change (above), we felt Brimstone’s stim may use slightly extra punch. This additionally unifies our two fireplace price improve buffs, making them simpler to be taught.
Before you bounce to press that “send” button, please learn our considering behind the Operator modifications under. The Operator’s been a frequent speaking level across the neighborhood in the previous couple of patches, so bear with us.
The Operator serves an essential function in VALORANT: It offers essentially the most tough tactical problem for groups to beat, requiring strategic planning and intelligent utility use. We’ve been taking an extended take a look at the weapon to attempt to perceive the easiest way to regulate a few of its outsized strengths whereas guaranteeing it stays essentially the most highly effective angle-holding weapon within the arsenal.
For you Aggressive Operators—dry peeking angles with an Operator is noticeably more practical than we’d like (particularly when bounce peeking). Additionally, pushing an Operator off of an angle with utility feels much less helpful for the reason that consumer is ready to re-peek and kill their opponent at a dependable price. This suite of mechanical modifications (deadzone, scoped transfer velocity, firing price, equip time, bounce land inaccuracy) targets these points, rising counterplay round high-mobility Operator play. The Operator remains to be fairly potent at peeking angles however predictable repeeks must be simpler to punish.
Regarding Operator entry—we’re seeing a few of you get hold of the Operator+Armor combo as early as spherical 3 and snowballing that lead into further Ops all through the half. The new price level delays the Operator’s look and will increase the penalty for dying with one in hand. We hope to higher stability the danger/reward of utilizing this premium weapon.
A associated word on breaking angles with skills: Many skills within the recreation are constructed to aggressively take angles, particularly when a strong weapon just like the Operator is posted on that angle. The recent changes to Breach have given gamers entry to extra highly effective angle-breaking utility, however it nonetheless looks like there’s extra to be finished. We’re a couple of modifications for a few Agents, however they’ll want some further reps internally to construct confidence round them. Expect extra from us sooner or later!
—Max “Orcane” Grossman, Lead Agent Designer
- Increased price from 4500 >>> 5000
- Decreased scoped motion velocity from 76% >>> 72%
- Adjusted weapon deadzone from changing into inaccurate at 30% motion velocity >>> 15% (turn into inaccurate sooner, turn into correct later when stopping)
- Firing price diminished from .75 >>> .6
- Instant equip time adjusted from 0.3 >>> 0.5 (immediate equip performs after tapping orb, bomb defuse/plant faucet, Jett Cloud Burst, and Phoenix Curveball)
- Leg shot injury decreased from 127 >>> 120
We’ve observed a development the place gamers touchdown from a bounce are capable of shoot precisely earlier than is affordable. While this challenge is most pronounced on the Operator, it’s one thing that we’ve observed throughout all weapons. Jump peeking is effective for the mixup potential it offers however it was proving too tough for gamers to fairly take care of. These modifications retain that mixup potential whereas barely rising the time earlier than the peeker can fireplace with good accuracy.
- Jump land inaccuracy state modified from gradual >>> binary
- Jump land inaccuracy period elevated from .2 >>> .225
- Jump land inaccuracy worth elevated from 5.0 >>> 7.0 (extra inaccurate for .225s after a land)
- During this patch, the possibilities of being in an hour+ queue must be notably diminished
This is already a really uncommon prevalence, however it may occur extra usually for top rank gamers—particularly in premade teams. We are additionally doing a little tuning behind the scenes to maintain excessive rank matches discovered after lengthy queue instances fairly balanced and truthful.
Players which were reported for inappropriate Riot IDs will now be reviewed mechanically after the match has ended. If their identify is flagged as inappropriate, they are going to be compelled to alter their Riot ID the following time they log in to the Riot Client.
- Removed Multi-line Breaks in Chat
Some sneaky folks have been impersonating system messages to troll others into quitting a match. Enough!
- Changes to occasion push to speak settings will now take impact instantly
- The chat window can now be pinned to remain open throughout menus
- Social Panel Sorting Logic
Sorting algorithm for the social panel has been up to date to make it extra intuitive for gamers as they work together with it.
- Fixed challenge the place Sova’s hitbox was incorrect whereas utilizing his Owl Drone
- Fixed bug the place Omen’s glowing eyes weren’t correctly eliminated when he cancelled his ult
- Fixed a bug the place Custom Game preferences can be wiped after navigating away from the Custom Game foyer