After two weeks of closed beta launch, Valorant’s first patch has arrived. As most gamers would count on, it takes purpose at nerfing Raze and Sage, two of the sport’s strongest and most performed Agents.
Riot directed the patch’s largest nerfs at Raze, the Agent that gamers have been most annoyed by to date within the beta. The changes tone down her talents’ general injury however additionally they check out her potential readability as properly. This signifies that Riot desires to verify gamers can at all times inform the place Raze’s talents are headed and find out how to dodge their injury. On high of these adjustments, she will be able to solely carry one grenade now, however can get it again if she earns two kills after throwing it.
This patch’s different large nerfs got here to Sage, one in every of Valorant’s finest all-around Agents and a staple of practically each recreation. The wall that Sage’s Barrier Orb creates can now be damaged twice as shortly with melee injury, making it simpler for gamers to get via. Sage’s Slow Orb also can now be traversed with out making any noise if gamers stroll via it as a substitute of working or leaping.
This patch additionally addressed a number of the bugs that allowed gamers to flee the boundaries of sure maps. Behind the scenes, Riot additionally used the patch to enhance Valorant’s community efficiency as a result of sure ISPs have been throttling the sport’s site visitors.
For a full take a look at the adjustments in Valorant closed beta patch .47 you will discover the patch notes beneath.
Melee assaults now inflict double the injury per hit to destructibles, together with
- Sage’s Barrier
- Haven’s metallic double doorways
There weren’t sufficient choices throughout low econ rounds—akin to the primary spherical and proper after switching sides—to fight Sage’s Barrier Orb. Our intent is so as to add a high-risk, high-reward technique for gamers to work together together with her wall, whereas nonetheless having the ability to take it down, irrespective of their loadout
- Reduced Paint Shells from 2 to 1
- Paint Shells now have a kill reset, requiring gamers to get 2 kills to refresh cooldown
- Tuned and adjusted audio for Paint Shells, Blast Pack, and Showstopper in order that they’ll be simpler to listen to in hectic situations
- Fixed an edge case the place the secondary cluster of Paint Shells would explode faster than supposed. They now have a minimal length earlier than exploding.
What’s up with that?
Raze’s purpose is to be a highly-threatening duelist that punishes enemies posted in predictable positions, however we felt just like the cluster grenades and their quantity have been creating overly oppressive situations. Also, gamers ought to be provided correct gameplay data and the audio cues on all of Raze’s talents didn’t match their menace, so we modified the audio of every. For instance, when the Showstopper is supplied or fired from a distance, gamers ought to have the ability to clearly determine and interpret the menace.
- Slow Orb now additionally slows the air pace of gamers within the zone
- Players can now stroll via the Slow Orb with out making noise
Players have been capable of circumvent an excessive amount of of Sage’s Slow Orb by bunny hopping via the zone. We need the minimal gradual quantity to be a bit extra in keeping with all motion within the zone, whereas nonetheless permitting for bunny hopping and strolling to offer a slight profit to traversing the zone. Also, we really feel including a stealthy but gradual strategy to transfer via the sector brings extra nuance to taking part in in opposition to the zone and a bit extra uncertainty for Sage, since she will be able to’t essentially hear individuals who transfer via
- Several exploits fastened on Bind, Haven, and Split
- Split: Orb moved from B Mid to B Main
The intent is to alleviate some strain from mid and supply extra incentive for gamers to manage B Main.
Quality of Life
Reduced outbound community site visitors from consumer for gamers working at excessive frames-per-second
- Some ISPs and community setups have been throttling recreation site visitors, impacting gameplay by inflicting giant spikes in community latency as FPS elevated.
- No influence to gameplay / responsiveness
- Fixed a uncommon server crash brought on by packets often being corrupted by some gamers’ networks
- Cypher’s Spycam can now not use weapons
- Fixed a bug the place footstep audible vary would generally not seem on the minimap
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media might earn commissions for merchandise bought through affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, see our ethics coverage.