In addition to function and cumulative updates, Windows Update on Windows 10 can be accountable for putting in drivers for elements like show, Bluetooth, audio, and linked units.
Windows 10 provides clean improve expertise for many of the customers, however there’s that little disruption the place you possibly can’t use Windows Update when the method is plagued with points.
After the discharge of Windows 10 May 2020 Update on May 27, some OEMs akin to Asus have pushed out an up to date show driver to raised help the replace. Unfortunately, some customers have come throughout a show driver replace that stops halfway with imprecise error messages.
According to a number of threads posted on Microsoft’s reply discussion board, Windows Update would preserve pushing an older driver even when the motive force has already been efficiently put in and the method will get caught in an set up loop.
Windows 10 driver set up loop could be irritating to cope with as Windows Update will nag you with a warning message each time you test for updates.
In addition, an error message stating that “current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we’re trying to install. We’ll keep trying to install” is displayed.
But what causes it? Typically, the fault could be traced to one of many two issues:
- Windows Update cache.
- A bug that forestalls Windows Update from checking the put in driver model.
Basically, one thing within the Windows Update course of goes awry and it’ll lead to an infinite loop of set up failures.
In this text, we’ve highlighted the issues to bear in mind whenever you come throughout an replace that will get in an set up loop halfway and paralyses your Windows Update web page.
How to stop a particular driver replace in Windows 10
To block a selected driver replace in Windows 10, comply with these steps:
- Download “Show or hide updates” troubleshooter bundle from Microsoft’s website.
- Click ‘Next’ to start out checking for updates.
- Click ‘Hide updates’.
- If that driver replace is out there, test the field subsequent to the motive force title. If you don’t see the motive force listed, reboot the system and test for updates within the Settings. Once the replace exhibits up within the Settings, open “Show or hide updates” troubleshooter once more and choose the motive force that you don’t want to put in.
- Click ‘Next’ to briefly block the replace
- Close the device and open Settings > Update & Security.
- In the Settings app, test for updates once more and the motive force bundle is not going to present up once more.
It’s price noting that there’s at all times chatter about driver replace loop subject, however with Windows 10 model 2004 replace launch, the noise is unquestionably louder and it’s seemingly that OEMs have pushed out drivers as a way to tackle doable compatibility points.
Windows 10 May 2020 Update is off to a sturdy begin and is steadily rolling out to extra units. According to a survey pattern primarily based on virtually 150,000 Windows 10 machines, model 2004 is being adopted by customers a lot quicker than Microsoft’s final yr updates.