Windows 11 Build 22000.100 is now rolling out to customers within the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider program. This is the fourth public preview of Windows 11 and it comes with new enhancements. However, there are not any new options as the main target is on addressing design consistency points.
If you’re within the Dev Channel, you’ll see a brand new replace referred to as “Cumulative Update for Windows 11 (10.0.22000.100) (KB5004300)”. In addition to the cumulative replace, Microsoft has additionally printed new Windows Defender updates, that are additionally rolling out on Windows 10.
Windows 11 KB5004300 comes with a number of enhancements for the taskbar. For instance, Microsoft is lastly updating the System Tray flyout. As you’re in all probability conscious, System Tray features a choice of icons that seem solely while you click on the expanded button. As proven within the under screenshot, this flyout now contains a fashionable interface.
In addition to visible enhancements, Microsoft has additionally up to date the default contact keyboard icon within the Taskbar to match the scale of the opposite icons.
Likewise, the Windows taskbar calendar flyout has been up to date and it’ll now collapse or decrease while you click on on the notification middle button.
New options in Windows 11 Build 22000.100 (KB5004300)
Build 22000.100 is enhancing the alert mannequin of Windows 11 taskbar icons. As proven within the under screenshot, Microsoft is exploring a brand new design for app alerts. This new design is seen when apps require consideration from the person. For instance, if a file switch requires your motion, the Explorer will robotically begin flashing on the taskbar.
However, the flash can be calm and refined. In reality, it’ll finally cease, and a purple backplate will seem as an alternative.
Microsoft Store can be getting a brand new replace with high quality enhancements. For occasion, Microsoft has improved the navigation of the brand new Store app on Windows 11. As a outcome, scrolling will really feel sooner and new animations will seem while you open an app or film itemizing.
The notification middle, beforehand often called Action Center, is getting a brand new characteristic that may allow you to shortly entry Focus help settings. You also can configure Focus Assist from Quick Settings or the principle settings app.
Here’s a listing of different enhancements in Build 22000.100 (KB5004300):
- Microsoft has resolved a problem that crashes Explorer.exe while you click on on the date and time button on the taskbar. This downside was skilled on gadgets the place the Focus Assist characteristic is turned off.
- Microsoft is bringing again icons for some context menu entries.
- A bug has been fastened the place the taskbar clock loses Windows sync help and will get caught.
- A bug has been fastened the place explorer.exe might resume the gadget from standby
- You can now click on on the Taskbar to shut Start or Search. This characteristic was lacking in authentic builds.
Microsoft Teams chat integration
Additionally, Microsoft is now enabling Teams integration in Windows 11 taskbar, permitting customers to attach with pals, household and colleagues at no cost. This new Chat integration relies on Microsoft Teams 2.0, which is powered by Microsoft Edge WebView (Chromium).
As you’ll be able to see within the above screenshot, it’ll enable customers to begin a chat instantly from the Taskbar. For now, you’ll be able to ship messages, pictures, and extra. In the approaching weeks, Microsoft will enable customers to launch conferences instantly from the taskbar to anybody globally on all platforms.
How to put in Windows 11 KB5004300
To set up Windows 11 KB5004300, use these steps:
- If you’re already on Windows 11, open Settings and faucet on Windows Update.
- Click on Check for updates button to begin the obtain.
- For these on Windows 10, you must open Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Insider program, and hit the be part of button.
- During the Windows Insider program setup, choose “Dev Channel” and reboot.
- Check for updates and at present’s preview construct can be supplied robotically.
Of course, the replace received’t seem in case your gadget fails to move the compatibility test, which requires a more recent processor and TPM 2.0 with Secure Boot.
If you don’t care about Microsoft’s warning, you’ll be able to all the time modify the Registry to put in the replace on unsupported gadgets.
Known points in Build 22000.100
Microsoft has additionally confirmed a number of points in Windows 11 Build 22000.100 and right here’s what you must know:
- The Taskbar will generally flicker and the Settings app will crash.
- Explorer.exe will crash should you use the Turkish show language.
- Windows will generally choose the incorrect merchandise should you click on on a desktop icon.
- The Search panel could not open.
- The search panel would possibly seem black.
The firm can be investigating studies of a bug that would forestall the Windows Widgets characteristic on some configurations. If you’ve points with widgets, you’ll be able to signal out after which signal again in once more. Likewise, one other bug might forestall widgets board from showing appropriately on exterior displays.
If you’ll be able to’t cope with these points, you’ll be able to all the time roll again to Windows 10 or the earlier construct of Windows 11.
To uninstall the replace, head to Settings > System > Recovery > Advanced startup and restart the gadget. This will launch the standard restoration display screen the place you must choose Troubleshoot > Advanced choices > Uninstall Updates to take away the patch.
The put up Windows 11 Build 22000.100 (KB5004300) comes with visible enhancements appeared first on Windows Latest