Get Picture-in-Picture Mode Working in YouTube Safari on iOS 14
So, what are the necessities to power YouTube PiP mode to work in Apple Safari? Well, it’s important to create a customized shortcut utilizing the Shortcuts app. Once you will have created and customised the YouTube PiP mode shortcut in your iOS gadget, it’s enterprise as typical.
Now that, you’ve got the sneak peek into how this hack works, it’s time to get going with fast steps!
Create YouTube PiP Mode Shortcut Using Shortcuts App
1. First off, open Shortcuts app in your iPhone or iPad and faucet on the “+” button on the prime proper nook of the display.
2. Now, faucet on the Add Action button.
3. Next, select Web.
let v = doc.questionSelector(‘video’); v.addEventListener(‘webkitpresentationmodechanged’, (e)=>e.stopPropagation(), true); setTimeout(()=>v.webkitSetPresentationMode(‘picture-in-picture’), 3000); completion()
7. Give an appropriate title to your shortcut.
8. Next, activate the change for “Show in Share Sheet” after which faucet on “Share Sheet Types”.
9. Next up, faucet on Deselect All on the prime proper nook of the display and select Safari net pages.
10. Tap on the again button on the prime left nook of the display after which hit the Done button. You might want to faucet on Done once more to complete.
Play YouTube Video in Picture-in-Picture Mode Using Safari
After you will have created the YouTube PiP mode shortcut, taking part in movies within the PiP mode through Safari is sort of easy.
- Open Safari in your iOS gadget after which head over to the video you want to play. After that, play the video as typical after which hit the share button.
2. Now, select YouTube PiP shortcut which you will have simply created within the motion sheet.
- A popup could seem asking you to offer YouTube PiP entry to youtube.com. Tap on Allow to proceed.
That’s just about it! Now, it’s time to relish the video whereas nonetheless finishing up different duties like messaging or taking notice.
Enjoy Playing YouTube Videos in PiP Mode Via Safari on Your iPhone or iPad
So, that’s how one can power YouTube PiP mode to work in iOS 14 Safari. Though I’m nonetheless hoping for an official technique to arrive earlier than later, I’m glad to have such a helpful workaround so long as it really works.
What’s your tackle this tip? Has it labored in your gadget? Feel free to share your ideas within the feedback beneath.
By the way in which, how easy has been your run with iOS 14? If you’re but to get probably the most out of it, then try our guides for customizing iOS 14 widgets, creating distinctive app icons, and making customized residence display widgets.